ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointed in Sprint with the S5's lack of Download booster

Journeyman

Re: Disappointed in Sprint with the S5's lack of Download booster

You can easily enable the download booster on your Galaxy s5 without rooting it with a few simple steps.

1. Firstly download a third party launcher say Nova.
  2. Press and hold the Home Screen and select shortcuts.
  3. Go to Activities > Settings >Download Booster and select it.
  4. Click on the new settings icon on Home Screen. Then enable Download Booster.

That’s all. You have now enabled the download booster feature on your galaxy S5. Enjoy !!

Master

Is this Nova booster, an enhancer? The Booster in the S5 from Samsung will boost the speed by using the WiFi and LTE in the same time to download the same file. Fake boosters, will use one connection, WiFi or LTE to download the same file from different sources, this approach will not make a difference since your speed is still limited to your actual network performance.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

DownLoad Booster is great if you have Unlimited Data and want to download large files (over 30MB) faster by using Wi-Fi and LTE networks at the SAME time (FASTEST internet PERIOD!!!) no other phones have this ABILITY (also Note 4) *(saw it at 105 Mbps) great for Games, Movies, etc. and great to watch YouTube.

Master

sdelpin69,

Thank you for posting. If there is anything we can assist you with, we are here for you.

Joel

Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

If this is true, it is a great advice.  I don't have the S5 on Sprint.  Can someone who does check this and confirm whether it works?

Master

psr3,

The Samsung Galaxy S 5 will work just fine as long you are within service area, with no tower issues, which may affect services. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns for us. We would love to help.

- Agnes
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I can't agree with you more,...Samsung made the s5 with download booster...its advertised..its part of the samsung galaxy s5..how and why in world would you remove that.. EPIC FAIL!!

Journeyman

I thought I would need this booster,But if you go to wifi in settings, then those three dots on upper right corner,Tap advanced, Then check smart switch... It switches between wi fi and mobile networks..... Isn't that the same as the booster?

Master

bigtruck007 - Help me to better understand. Are you saying that your phone is not connecting to your Airave device? Is the Airave device not working properly? Let me know. I'm here to assist. - Tevin
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

Download booster is something most carriers went away with since it was not making much sense.

You had to be close to WiFi and LTE coverage to have both antennas work in the same time and up the speed.

Nowadays, if you are connected to a WiFi source, chances are you have great speeds.

Battery consumption was huge too.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat