cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropping calls

Highlighted
Journeyman

Dropping calls

I have a Galaxy S5 which I love except that for the past 3 months it has been dropping calls frequently. It was never an issue until recently. I looked on the network coverage map and it says it is Best at my house which is where most of my calls are made, but they keep dropping. My husband has the S4, also with Sprint, and he does not have these issues, which makes me think it is an issue with the handset. What steps can I take to try and fix this really frustrating issue?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Re: Dropping calls

Hello nmonical, I know this is frustrating, but we'll do our best to assist you. This seems to be related to the device itself as it is the only one having the issue.  Have you checked if the phone's software is up to date? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps already? Do you have Google voice active on your phone?

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for your help, Carlos. My phone is currently running on Android 6.0.1. I wiped the cache partition and also tried changing the mobile network setting from Automatic to CDMA/LTE, but neither seemed to fix the issue. I don't have Google Voice on my phone at all. Thank you!

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

nmonical, has the phone incurred in any physical or water damage? Prior to the last 3 months, did you have this issue or is this the first time this happens? Are you using Wi-Fi calling or do you have an Airave at home?

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't think it has any physical or water damage. The issue just started 3 months ago. I started using wifi calling after I began having the issue as it doesn't seem to drop when using that instead. Thank you!

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

nmonical,

Besides the inconvenience with calls, are you having issues with text or data? Does it happens only at home?

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Data and texts seem to be fine. I have only issues at home, but also 95% of my calls are made from home, so I'm not sure if that's why they have only dropped while I'm at home.

Highlighted

nmonical

Do you know if any other users in this location are experiencing the same? I'll be sending you a private message so I can further look into this. Please check your inbox and get back to me when you have a chance.

Kelvin
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat