cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email sync issue with Samsung Galaxy S5

Highlighted
Journeyman

Email sync issue with Samsung Galaxy S5

I had the Samsung Galaxy S3 for years, also had the HTC EVO before that. Always had the settings set so that when I delete my emails off of the phone, they delete from the server/permanently. I have triple checked the settings, spoke with sprint & best buy multiple times, exchanged the phone for a new one (thinking it was a defect), and am still having the same issue. When I delete emails from my phone (even though the settings are set correctly), they are not deleting off of the server, and end up back in my inbox again. Emails are not staying deleted (gmail and yahoo). This is extremely frustrating! Anyone else having the same issue?

11 REPLIES 11
Master

Re: Email sync issue with Samsung Galaxy S5

Hello sprintfox84,

Has the phone and email been sync. You can edit settings for your individual email accounts, such as email address and password, name display and signature, frequency of retrieval, and more.

Thanks, Sharon Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hi Sharon, please see my above question and comments again - your response is not helpful. As I said, after multiple attempts with Sprint and Best Buy, reviewing/changing the settings, nothing is working. I am aware of the edit settings in the email - that is not the issue. Not being rude, just very frustrated that after being with Sprint for years, no one can seem to help. I am very close to returning this upgrade, going back to my old phone, and re-visiting my options. This issue, on top of the issue with not being able to use data while on a call is very frustrating. Especially for a long time customer.

Master

sprintfox84 I'm sorry this issue hasn't been resolved as yet, and I apologize for the frustration that it has caused you. What's the email account that you're using? You mentioned that you've already been through the settings in the email, so I would like to see if you could possibly modify the settings from your computer. Please let me know, I'm here for you.

Stacy
Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

I'm having the same issue...I have tried changing the settings and nothing seems to work. Did you get the problem fixed?

Journeyman

I just have the same happen to my s5 too. I was able to get this setup fine the first few weeks of getting the s5 and now this won't sync w/ my Microsoft Exchange activesync email. I've tried soft power cycling the device and still no luck. S5 was supposed to be better than s3. Frustrated customer.

Master

vangs,

This is only happening with your exchange emails, correct? Are they linked to your place of work?

- Jessica
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Actually it happens to any emails. I realize when connected to WiFi all every email notification will pop up. If I use the LTE nothing comes thru. This happen after I ran the update that popped up. Plus I can't even talk while browsing the internet anymore.

Master

vangs,

This is very strange. Have you tried removing the email accounts and adding them back? Additionally, when you are in LTE try turning on Airplane mode for a few minutes and turn it off. Let me know if you notice any improvement.

*Ben
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I've just purchased the Galaxy S5 and I'm having the same problem. I've got three email accounts set up on the phone, but only one won't sync. I've tried a few things: a) refreshing the account, b) going to sync settings/sync schedule and setting it to automatic (push), c) going to settings/data usage and making sure "auto sync data" was selected, d) and making sure the system sync was on. None of these things have worked. Can anyone help me resolve this problem?

Master

what type of the account is it, is it a work exchange email? or a regular POP email?

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Master

JRGABRIEL

I am sorry to hear this. Dj_Damjano asked a good question. What kind of email is this that is not syncing? A work around you can do is to use the email app from the email provider.

- Patrick
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat