cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 407 when unlocking Galaxy S5

Highlighted
Journeyman

Error 407 when unlocking Galaxy S5

Sprint authorized an international unlock for my Galaxy S5, but when I try to complete it at my end, I get Internal Error (407).  Based on the instructions of 3 different customer service reps, I have tried selecting UICC Unlock with the international SIM card in the phone, selecting Profile Update and PRL update with the Sprint SIM card in the phone, and selecting UICC Unlock with the Sprint SIM card in the phone.  All give me exactly the same error (also the same if doing PRL or Profile update with the international SIM, just to be sure).

I am outside the US connected to a secured, fast WiFi hotspot.  I have tried restarting the phone, switching Airplane Mode on and off again, deleting the cache partition, switching to a different WiFi connection, and even factory resetting the phone (which has the latest software update).  Nothing has helped.  The customer support people basically told me I was SOL (in barely more polite terms) because it was unlocked on their end, so they consider their obligation met.  They couldn't even tell me what the error code meant.  The last guy claimed it meant "the unlock was not completed" which is clearly not what it means.

Any help or hints here would be greatly appreciated.

A screenshot of the error is included below.

Screenshot_2017-08-03-18-33-52.png

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Re: Error 407 when unlocking Galaxy S5

Thank you so much for reaching out to us. Were you in the US at the time the device was unlocked?

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

No, I was already in Armenia.

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Unfortunately, to successfully unlock a device, customer and device must be in the U.S. and connected to Sprint network. Some devices can be unlocked while outside the U.S. , but only after completing the additional steps already given to you while connected to Wi-Fi. Unlocking the device while outside of the U.S. cannot be guaranteed. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause you.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat