Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S5 32gb version

Highlighted
Master

Re: Galaxy S5 32gb version

Mark46617

I realize that 16GB of on board memory is just not that much these days, but I'd like to point out that you can have a micro SD card with up to 128GB of storage. However, things do change and I'm not saying definitively that we will carry a 32GB version, but I'd keep an eye on www.sprint.com or www.sprint.com/newsroom or the Sprint community Samsung page for further announcements.

Robin
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint simply MUST offer the Galaxy S5 with 32GB of storage. Even my S3 is 32 GB.  With Kitkat you are seriously limited in what you can do with microsd storage.  You can not install apps to the mircosd card.  SprintCare you need to pass the word on this.  I see tons of people wanting the 32 GB model on other forums.    16GB only will be a huge disappointment.  Listen to your customers.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I really hope Sprint does decide to offer the 32gb model. I love the S4 that I have, but even after moving everything possible to the sd card, it only leaves me with about 3,5 gb of free space. While apps can be moved to the sd card, there is still a chunk of each app left on the phone itself (plus not all apps will transfer to the sd card). I won't be buying another 16gb phone after seeing how fast it's filled up. Knowing what I paid for my 16gb S4, I can only imagine what this would cost..... BUT if it's as good as the S4 & I wouldn't have to worry about what I install I would start saving up for it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

And this is what I mean by Sprint being hush-hush! T-Mobile for instance, has already announced that it will carry the S5 in both 16 and 32gb versions. You would think Sprint would do the same...unless they are just not going to offer the S5 in 32gb model, and just don't want to say... There is no way that I'm going backwards to a 16gb phone.

Master

Kev-Man,

We understand your frustration. The good thing is the device does support a 128GB SD card. We know that you will enjoy the device. Hang in there.

Social Care,
Lamar
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi SprintCare. I understand you need to point out the pluses of an expanded micro SD card bay and it is true however I think you are overstating its usefulness. In Android ICS they finally made a hack to merge the cards under 1 virtual folder. Before ICS it was almost completely useless to get an external card since only applications that looked for an external card found 1. Even with the virtual storage folder almost all data goes to the internal card first. In order to get things to the second card you need a file manager and specifically move things and that only works for things that can move IE not installed by an app. So the second card can be used for music and pictures if you hand move those things to the second card.

Here is the second and bigger issue to this. The internal card is partitioned into 2 sections. 1 is the hidden OS stuff and a place for apps to install as well as put there protected data. The second partition is what you think of when you say internal SD card. So if you start with a 16 gig card. They partition it for 8 internal OS and 8 internal sdcard. Of the 8 for the OS, the OS takes up 4 gigs that means you are left with 4gig of data space for applications. It only takes about 10 modern games and you are out of ALL space and cannot install any more applications.

The only good fix for this is to gain root access to your phone so you can force internal applications onto the SDCard.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It looks as though the customer care folks are trying to say (without actually saying due to a corporate gag order) that if you are patient and attentive, you will see an announcement regarding a higher rom phone model. Perhaps a 32 gb and maybe even a 64 gb. You have to look at this from Sprints point of view: If they don't offer the 16 gb model, they will never see the 32 or 64 gb models from Samsung. They HAVE to push the 16 gb first. Me personally, I just cancelled my pre-order and will wait till late May or June. If I hear nothing by then, I'm jumping to T Mobile for a 32 gb as well as the incentives for switching and the faster network in my area (their 3G is faster and more reliable than Sprints LTE here). OK, the clock is ticking.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Until the cusomer base becomes really vocal in their desires, the way the XBox Onecustomers did, Sprint will continue to operate in the same fashion..

Highlighted
Master

D3troit

Hello,

Thanks for post you can stay up to data on the latest information on the Samsung S5 at Sprint.com/newsroom, also visit http://bit.ly/1dyeTUn. Or at Samsung.com. Let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks.

Ash,
Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Master

D3troit,

We don't want you feeling this way, Sprint thrives to bring our customers the best customer service experience possible. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Here to help.

Ash,
Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

Ahh...that makes sense. Let's hope that that is what Sprint is doing.

Highlighted
Master

Kev-Man,

Stay updated at Sprint.com/newsroom. Thanks.

Ash,
Sprint Social Care Team
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat