cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S5 32gb version

Journeyman

Re: Galaxy S5 32gb version

SprintCare:

Like others on this forum, I am very disappointed that Sprint is not offering the Galaxy S5 with 32GB (or 64GB).  This phone is the best Android made and those of us that want the best want a phone that is not memory-limited.  As previously stated, the Android o/s and pre-installed applications consume around 7GB of internal memory, which is almost half of a 16GB.  My current phone has a 32GB microSD card and I have not been able to install any more applications on it for almost two years.  I would like a new phone with enough memory so I can install applications until the cows come home, on my premium phone without getting that nasty "insufficient memory" message that accompanies an aborted installation.   I have no problem paying a bit more for the best, but I have a problem paying premium prices and getting second best.

So please, SprintCare, hear our requests and tell your purchasing agents to renegotiate their contracts with Samsung and get the 32GB and 64GB S5s in your inventory.  Then maybe you'll stop losing your high-end buyers to competitors who understand their customers.

Master

Just so everybody is in the same page... SAMSUNG will not produce a 64Gb S5. Also, davebcarlson, not sure why you have 2 yrs that you can't install any apps, is it because you filled your SD card up? If that's the case, I seriously doubt that you use all those apps, maybe some memory cleaning will do good (back up photos, videos, etc).

I have to say, after some cleaning up and moving all I could to SD card, I now still have 7Gb in my memory and about 8Gb left on my 32Gb SD card.

I come here trying to help people and not because I'm employed from Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Master

Kev-Man
Ok, I totally understand. I hope that we will announce the 32GB or 64GB soon! From the sounds of it, a lot of people are interested in these. You can always stay updated at Sprint.com/newsrooms. Keep me posted if you hear anything. Thanks! *Sarah W Social Care
Journeyman

My 32GB microSD card is only 3/4 full.  I use an application App2SD card that tells me when I can move an app from internal memory to the SD card, and I've moved every app that can be moved.  Many apps (actually more often than not) can not be moved to the SD card (and I've never found a single app that can be installed initially on the SD card, rather I have to install it first to internal storage then move it, leaving a portion of it in internal storage. 

I confess, I have an old phone, but it was the best phone available when I bought it three years ago.  I buy the best product available at the time, because I find that keeps me satisfied longer than if I buy a lesser product.  And I am also a tech junkie, I'm always looking for new apps.  And the application designers are making more and more apps every day, apps that need more and more memory.  So I want to "inflation proof" as much as possible my next phone purchase.

DJ_Damjano: I've installed and discarded more apps than I ever thought I'd see in my entire life, and now my phone has apps that I use every day, some apps I use once a week, some apps I use once a month, and some I use just a couple of times a year.    For quite some time, I've had to uninstall what I'd call a "keeper app" before I could install and try out a new app.   I don't want to have to do that a few months after I buy the next big thing!  And with new apps being written that are bigger than ever (memory-wise), the more memory my phone has to begin with, the better.

And to Sarah @ SprintCare: thanks for the encouraging words.   Any chance Sprint might officially announce future availability of the 32GB Galaxy S5 in the near term?  I've been waiting to replace my smartphone for over a year.  The only reason I didn't buy an S4 was that Sprint only offered the 16GB version.  I'd buy the 32GB S5 from Sprint right now, were it available!  My smartphone is 3 years old and I want a new toy!

Journeyman

I agree, 16gb is NOT enough. I just canceled my Galaxy S5 pre-order for the 16gb. I'm waiting for ..at LEAST 32gb. If Sprint doesn't offer the Galaxy S5 in 32gb, I'm not upgrading my phone with Sprint. Waste of money.

Journeyman

Master

lolap, Thanks for your feedback. As of now no word on when 32gb is available for the Galaxy S5. For updates on new devices you can visit sprint.com/newsroom. Another option, you can purchase an external memory card of your choice. * Gerda Social Care Team
Journeyman

I have a 64 gig card now, but if the S5 won't allow us to save camera videos and photos to the SD card, but only internal storage, as your reps have verified, then yeah, I will need a phone with larger internal storage. Being unable to save the huge amount of photos I take to external storage is madness, especially with 16 gigs only. Crazy.

Master

MoPho2011

I understand that 16GB of on board memory is just not that much these days, but you can have a micro SD card with up to 128GB of storage. As of yet we have no confirmation on an S5 32GB for updates please check out www.sprint.com/newrooms .

Stephanie P
Social care
Journeyman

Wow how embarrassing for sprint. Its like there reps have never used android. I went into great detail on internal partitioning, protected installations, Android OS footprint size, and why that means an external SD card won't solve the problem. Sprints response... Get an external sdcard. 3 other people try to explain it to them. Sprints response... Get an external SD card. Did anyone else read the whole thread because at this point you either have to laugh or give up on attempting to explain this logically to these reps.

Note to the reps. I recommend you reread the whole thread so you understand the problem. Perhaps you can do a little research on you own to see what we are saying. It would also be good to get a 16gig android phone, download 10 large games and use the phone for a daily so you truly understand this. You can put a 128gig card in it that's OK nothing will install to the card and you can't access it like we already pointed out.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.