Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S5 32gb version

Highlighted
Master

Re: Galaxy S5 32gb version

alexis_dirtydeanna

Thank you for reaching out to us. Buying a SD card is always an option to increase available memory on the phone. As of right now, no US carrier is offering the 32 GB version for the Galaxy S5. Hopefully, soon we will have more information about when they will be available. If you have any other question or concerns, let me know. I'll be more than happy to assist.

Leo
Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

An external SD card is not a solution and Sprint reps should be very wary of offering this as a solution. Samsung phones have frequent SD card corruption problems rendering them unreadable. This just happened to me again on my most recent vacation. My 32gb card was corrupted and couldn't be accessed for the remainder of my trip. You can only fix the card by removing it and running Chkdsk from a PC. This can't be done unless you have a rooted device or access to a PC while on vacation. This happens to me several times a year with Samsung phones and always seems to happen when I'm out of town. To be fair it also happened to me when I was using HTC phones. Once this happens any apps that are on the SD card and any photos and videos can't be accessed or used. This NEVER happens with internal memory. This is the primary reason I try and avoid external SD.

Highlighted
Master

Stating that "Samsung phones have frequent SD card corruption" is not fair, since I have been using Samsung phones for the past 4 years now and I had no issues with the card (and I'm using the same SD card for all those phones).

Maybe it is the SD cards you buy, not sure which one you have, but I would strongly suggest to not go cheap on them and read reviews before buying an SD card.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Honestly? You are tech support and you give a blatantly incorrect answer? Even a 128 gb SD card will not take the place of internal memory. And 16 gb is not enough. I have a Galaxy S3 with 16 gb and a 64 gb SD card. The 16 gb is NOT ENOUGH. I am constantly uninstalling and re-installing apps which is very inconvenient. I was very excited when I got the notice that I was eligible for an upgrade because I want the S5. But there is no way that I'm going to another 16 gb phone. Sprint is losing sales and nobody seems to care.

Highlighted
Master

as far as memory, there is not much Sprint can do if Samsung decides to sell only the 16Gb here in US.

Also, you can still move a huge chunk of all the apps in the SD card, and store all your mp3, pic and movie in there too.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to have a bigger internal memory, but think about apple that you are stuck with internal and no external memory (it could be worst lol).

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted

I feel the same way. of all the issues I've had with samsung phones The SD card has not been one of them. Maybe I just got lucky but my research online with SD cards in samsung phones is consistent with what I'm experiencing. IMO Rick

EDIT: I always try to use Samsung SD cards

Highlighted
Journeyman

I echo everyone having issues with 16GB phone. I will rather buy Apple 64GB/128GB to avoid the hassle of managing memory every other day. Which i can easily manage once a year. Shame on Samsung for playing these games and not releasing the phone with bigger memory to the US market.

Highlighted
Master

at least you can add a memory card on Samsung phones so you can put all the big files in there (pic, movies, songs, and even apps). Apple still sells the 16Gb from which you have a very limited space, much more limited than Samsung's.

I agree with more memory, and I guess that is why Samsung gave us the note 4 with 32Gb and to be honest that is more than enough for everything you might want to add in your phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Apple sells the 16GB version for the dumb users or people who have toooo much time for managing the memory.

What's the big deal in releasing the bigger memory S5 versions on sprint? Why so many excuses for not releasing it?

Highlighted
Master

It's because Samsung never released a 32Gb S5 in US (they did not even make a 64Gb S5). With my knowledge no carrier in US has the 32Gb S5.

Highlighted
Master

Khurram7,

Do you need any assistance? If so, don't hesitate to let us know. We're here to help.

- Marie
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat