cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S5 3G/4G Problem

Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy S5 3G/4G Problem

Bran new Galaxy S5, in Los Angeles, 90232 zip code. Called multiple times to CS with no luck, supposedly escalated but still haven't heard of any solutions.

Problem: Phone cannot connect to a 4G/LTE signal even though all other phones can. Visited a Sprint store and all 3 Galaxy S5s on display couldn't connect while every other phone (30+) could. I have a couple Sprint phones and when an Apple 5C is next to the Galaxy s5 one gets LTE, the Samsung does not.

Solutions attempted: Several re-boots have been tried. Toggling airplane mode. Updated hardware, firmware and PRL. Manually turned off all LTE bands, together, and individually. All things have proven useless.

I want to get this on the radar screen as everytime I call in the CS seem to think a simple reboot/##update# will solve this problem. I can get data from 3G just fine, calls are fine, texting is fine... its just no 4G, the very thing I'm paying $10/month for.

It's not the phone itself but a design flaw on how the phone is interacting with the towers, it can't transition from 3G to 4G. All towers have checked out fine. PLEASE HELP THIS!

Tags (4)
48 REPLIES 48
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Galaxy S5 3G/4G Problem

Same here in ma

Highlighted
Master

Coke1, I would like to take a look at this closer to make sure this is not a service issue. Do you have the same pone the S5? What are your cross streets and zip code? Please let me know, I am here to help. Roxana Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Zip 02721 Jefferson St - Brayton Ave

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes I do have the s5

Highlighted
Journeyman

When is sprint going to fix this problem

Highlighted
Master

Coke1 Thank you for the location information. Currently the tower covering the location you provided does not have the 4GLTE upgrade yet. This would be the reason why you do not receive the 4GLTE signal on your device yet. We're moving as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience. *David Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Going through the same thing, I rather go back to my s3 with a cracked screen than having to pay 10$ for a service Im not getting, and keep wasting my time trying to fix, Sprint Foul for this move...Bout to holla at tmobile and see wassup

Highlighted
Journeyman

Contract ends soon Verizon looks good also.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Funny how Sprintcare responds to you and not to my original post because Sprint is completely clueless. Moved on to Boston now, that's a no go as well for 4G working on my G5.

Highlighted
Master

Coke1, I know that waiting can be tedious! Please know that upgrades of this matter do take time. Technicians are working as quickly as possible to get everything completed. We appreciate your patience during these growing pains. *Jazmine Social Care
Highlighted
Master

EALLEN02, I do not want you to feel neglected. Was there a ticket place? Please let me know. *Jazmine Social Care Team
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat