cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S5 3G/4G Problem

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Galaxy S5 3G/4G Problem

Wow...just got my phone 2 days ago and the same thing is happening to me...just shows the 3G searching for service.  I've yet to see any 4G LTE signal.  I had an old crappy motorola phone that I just got rid of to get the S5.....  not happy right now.  My work doesn't allow us to use it's WIFI and we get crappy service inside....no 4G is kicking in for my phone either.

Highlighted
Master

c305p -- I hear your concerns. To address them, can you please provide your zip code & nearby cross streets? Happy to help. *Julian
Highlighted
Master

tlh416,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Allow me to check your area. Can you send me the zip code and nearby cross streets so I can check the status on the 4G upgrades in your area please? We will get to the bottom of this.

Thank you,

Nicole
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Same here in Charlotte, NC.  I keep receiving the reason that Sprint is building towers in my area.  Seems like that's the standard answer to service issues. I have been with Sprint for many years, recently relocated to NC and seriously considering leaving Sprint due to service issues in my area.  This is awful!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have tried this and the phone still had shoddy internet and intermittent phone service (my previous Galaxy SIII worked flawlessly) I have been fighting to get them to allow me to return the S5. So far, they are refusing because I was one week past the 14-day return policy when I requested to return the phone.

Highlighted
Master

CSOLO01,

Thank you for reaching out to us! I'm sorry to hear about the service trouble you have been having. If you would like to share your location information (zip code & cross streets), I'd be happy to see what is going on in the area. let us know. We are here to help!

Jacque
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

Jaypoc:

How do you have the device set under both Network Settings and Roaming Settings?

Jon H.

Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Wizard

I would return the phone and sprint to another provider. They don't value your business or els they wouldn't be charging these prices while there network is shitty.

And I thought T-Mobile was trash. Trust .e I been with the 11 years they don't value me, all I hear is "sorry you feel that way" "when the upgrades are done you'll be happy" so if now I get .05 mbps (in the LA market which is the second biggest) yeah you'll be happy when you get 1mbps on 4g

Highlighted
Master

EALLEN02

I definitely understand your frustrations and we don’t want you to feel like you aren’t getting what you pay for. The premium data fee allows us to keep our data for smartphones unlimited. If you’d like I can check your area for any issues. Just let me know your zip code and cross streets and I’ll be happy to look into it.

*Clyde

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Master

Hildaly

We really don't want you to feel this way. Can you help me understand what's going on? Send us your zip code and cross streets. I want to view the network and its performance at your location. Please also send us your device type for possible troubleshooting.We're here to help you.

*Clyde

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Exactly... they charged the $10 premium years ago, even for those who couldn't access it. But now they're telling us its because smart phones use a lot of data....

Highlighted
Master

Thanks for the post EALLEN02

This has always been the reasoning behind the $10 premium data charge for smart phones.

Krishel
Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat