cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S5 3G/4G Problem

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Galaxy S5 3G/4G Problem

That is not true. I had a Smart Phone for years without any Premium Data Fee. In fact, When I bought my EVO 4G, it had the "Premium Data Fee", while other android smart phones did not. It wasn't until a while later that all smart phones required it. There used to be a site with some amusing phone calls with Sprint's PR dept where when asked, they kept avoiding to answer the direct questions, or came up with some really oddball excuses (My favorite was "It's like getting the lobster at an all you can eat buffet")

Highlighted
Journeyman

I didn't come from an LTE phone to a newer LTE phone to force the phone to CDMA mode to make it work (which didn't work btw) and having the Sprint Store, SprintCares email support and research through forums point out that the issue is with the LTE handoff issue, I expected Sprint to do the right thing and take the phone back, regardless if I was 6 days past the return window. In fact, I thought the phone was defective and wanted to warranty it, but couldn't get to the Sprint Store until day 20. Thats when I was informed that Sprint/All Spark phones including the S5 were the problem and not my specific device.. I am aphauled that Sprint would put its customers at risk (See my blog, Has your cellphone provider put your safety at risk?) and still insist that Sprint should let me return the S5 which I had to deactivate from my account because I kept missing calls and texts and losing phone service intermittently. I can't have a phone where people can't reach me. My old phones had/have no issues in the same areas that the S5 keeps losing service. For anyone else reading, Sprint insists that I continue paying $27/month for the next 2 years on a phone sitting in my room collecting dust.

Highlighted
Master

Jaypoc I understand your frustrations. Due to our return policy, the device cannot be return after 14 days. Our return policy states, if you aren't 100%25 satisfied with your product, return your device to your original place of purchase, and contact us within 14 days of activation. For more info on our return policy please visit http://bit.ly/1inFnEGAlso. Also depending on where you purchased your device, effects your return experience. If you purchased from a third party retailer then they may have a different return policy. If you purchased directly from a Sprint store or Sprint.com, then Yes, you only have 14 days to return. No matter if the phone is defective or not. For more updated news on any updates for the Galaxy S5, please visit Newsroom.Sprint.com. Thanks

Sprint Social Care Agent
Brianna
Highlighted
Journeyman

call sprint and update iccid/uccid worked for me after all this time somebody was able to come through

Highlighted
Master

c305p,

It sounds like your issue was resolved. I am very pleased to hear this. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to post.

*Brittney Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I just went from the iphone 5s to the galaxy s5 before in the area I live at just LTE and the iphone 5c that I have as well its saying LTE yet my galaxy s5 just saying 3g. I called sprint and all they did was "dail ##update# and tole me in 30 mins it will work fine. Yet nothing it was not worth the upgrade.

Highlighted
Master

davii1999

Hey there! I can definitely understand your concern here. I would like to first check your area to see what's going on. May I please have the nearest cross streets and zip code?

- Miraille
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

galxy s5 LTE is not working ma,cape cod,,,is there any reason is not working.thank you

Highlighted
Master

evribeiro - That's not good to hear. How long has it not been working? May I have the cross streets and zip code? I'd love to look into this for you. I'm here to help. - BrittneySprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman
Journeyman

The 4G/LTE is not working on my Galaxy S5 either. While other phones are getting a 4G full coverage at the same location as mine with Sprint and other companies services, my S5 brand new may be getting 3G and not even full blast. Feel very frustrated and disappointed with that!

Highlighted
Master

M2S,

We can definitely understand your frustration and concern. To narrow down the search, please provide the cross streets and zip code to check the area. Have you done any troubleshooting? If not, troubleshooting steps will be provided. Dial ##72786# from the dial pad. The phone will reboot and go through a series of updates. You can also turn on the airplane mode for 5 seconds and back off. Please let us know how these steps work out for you. We're here to help.

Josh
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

This is not the thread I was looking for but I'm not surprised to find yet another thread on the spark issue.  BTW, it's only the M8 and S5 having it, it's been happening longer than 6 months (I know, cause that's how long I've been working with care to get this fixed on my s5), and they wont help you.  Ive been told I'll get a call back twice and haven't been in the last 3 weeks, I've been told it's been escalated to the back office but no calls back, I got hung up on today because there was no fix.  This is such garbage.  I've been a loyal customer for 10 years and ultimately you'd rather lose me to another carrier than get me into a different model phone THAT I AM WILLING TO PAY FOR!  Screw Sprint.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat