cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S5 3G/4G Problem

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Galaxy S5 3G/4G Problem

*Note this reply is dated 07.27.2015, roughly one year AFTER the last reply.

I rec'd a new S5 (upgraded from an S2) last week (Tues.).  Love the phone and its capabilities, EXCEPT for not securing a 4G/LTE connection, only 3G.  I spoke to a cust. service rep last week (Th or Fri) and she tried two over-the-air fixes, to no avail.  FYI, I'm in the bay area where there is supposedly a strong 4G/LTE connection. She stated a tower was being upgraded and to wait, BUT if the phone was still not connecting to 4G/LTE, then to go to a specific Sprint location with a Repair Center on-site.  I tried a few fixes later last week (i.e. toggling airplane mode and back to force a new connections, confirmed 4G/LTE was enabled, confirmed the correct mobile network was selected, etc.) all to no avail.  One thing I didn't try was a new/different SIM card; this is the first device I have with a SIM card, so this is entirely new to me (I thought only GSM networks had SIM cards, but the Sprint rep (in-store) told me they all have SIM cards now for data).

Scheduled an appt for a Sprint location with a Repair Center, per the cust. service rep.  Arrived and the cust. service rep , in-store, was in short - PHENOMENAL!  He tried a few things, each time, still not connecting via 4G.  Two more things to try - different SIM card and hard reset.  New SIM card = stupid, fast 4G/LTE connection!!!!  No need for a hard reset = my "stuff" was still on the phone! 

TL/DR - new S5 with no 4G/LTE connection.  Tried many fixes, none worked.  New SIM card = fast 4G/LTE connection!  Awesome!  Thanks Sprint location on McKee Rd. in San Jose, CA, and specifically, Honda Nguyen (the in-store customer service rep!)  Great service! 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat