cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S5 Android System Battery Drain Issue HELP!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy S5 Android System Battery Drain Issue HELP!

I have had the Samsung Galaxy S5 for a few weeks now. (It hasn't been on the market much longer than that.) The first few weeks I could easily get 2 days of battery life out of it with average light use. The last week or so I can't even get a full day with NO USAGE. I use to work at Sprint. I know all the tricks to maximizing battery life. I have tons of apps disabled. I don't use bluetooth, NFC, fingerprint scanner.... nothing. All disabled or turned off. The issue is not usage or the features turned on/off. Looking at battery usage the #1 and #2 users are "Android OS" and "Android System". I have google this battery drain cause and found tons of theories but nothing that actually works. PLEASE HELP!

2014-05-14 03.08.21.png

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Master

TimJay2562 -- It's possible that the battery may be defective. I would highly recommended at this point to either visit a local Sprint Service and Repair center to have a diagnosis run on the phone, or contact Samsung directly to advise that the battery is failing. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns regarding this matter. Thank you -- *Toya, Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

No. The battery is not failing. This is a known problem but I can't find any known solution. The operating system is eating up RAM and keeping the system awake which drains the battery.

Highlighted
Master

TimJay2562,

Have you taken a look at what apps you currently have running? This would be under your application settings.

Crystal
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat