cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S5 Screen Rotatation not functioning

Journeyman

Galaxy S5 Screen Rotatation not functioning

Noticed when I opened the camera that it was inverted, no pages or apps rotate that normally do.

Screen rotation is turned on. Have tried turning it off and power cycling. Removing battery, figure 8 movements to reset gyro, and smacking against hand to try and move the gyro.

Oddly enough my step counter is still working.

In the sensor testing menu section, it shows that the gyro is still working, (see images)

but when i look at the test, phone sitting still, the Y value is constantly negative.

I would like to avoid a hard reset if at all possible.

Are there any other fixes to try?

3 REPLIES 3
Master

Re: Galaxy S5 Screen Rotatation not functioning

Jared__C,

That is pretty strange indeed! It sounds like you've tried all the steps I would provide to troubleshoot the issue. The next step I would suggest would be to take it into a Service and Repair store to see if they have a quick and easy physical remedy for this. Let me know how it goes if and when you get the opportunity.

*Ben
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I actually just resorted to smacking it on the table (in case) and it started working correctly.

Master

Jared__C,

I'm happy to hear that it's working correctly. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Hirscht
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat