cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S5 Software Update G900PVPS3CQB3

Journeyman

Galaxy S5 Software Update G900PVPS3CQB3

I received a software update from Sprint yesterday (G900PVPS3CQB3), and after applying the update, the apps that I have stored on my SD CARD disappears from the desktop of my phone every time I reboot my phone.
Has anyone else received this update and if so, are you experiencing these issues?
Is there a solution for this?
5 REPLIES 5
GrandMaster

Re: Galaxy S5 Software Update G900PVPS3CQB3

i havent heard of this update getting kicked out yet. might have slipped through some gaps. by chance do you remember what it said it was for ? monthly security update?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

for the moment try doing a cache/partition wipe on the device and see if that fixes it. from what i can tell it was a security patch but unknown if anything else was added into it or not. i'll report back what i find.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I believe it was a security update somewhere around 49 to 69 MB. I don't recall the exact size.
GrandMaster

i havent received anything about it yet but from what i can tell it was a security patch with some possible bug fixes included. have you attempted the cache/partition wipe yet?
Journeyman

Not only did I wipe the cache, I reset the phone. Unfortunately, it did nothing to remedy the problem. Some (not all) of the apps installed on my SD Card are wiped away when I reboot. This is very strange and didn't occur until this 46 mb update from Sprint. I'm going to try and remove this latest update.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat