cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S5 WiFi Calling network connection error

Go to solution
Journeyman

Galaxy S5 WiFi Calling network connection error

I'm able to connect to my home WiFi but the WiFi Calling feature says  "Network Connection Error"  although the WiFi connection symbol is still displayed . . . . .any ideas ?

87 REPLIES 87
Master

Re: Galaxy S5 WiFi Calling network connection error

RadioGuy379 - Hey, thanks for posting. If you go to the WiFi calling settings, do you have an address in the WiFi profile? It is required and used in case of emergencies. - Carl
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Yes it does have my address saved and both the wifi and wificalling icons are displayed but I still get the error message it only does this at my house and not other wifi locations

Highlighted
Master

RadioGuy379 - Try updating. First, turn Wifi off. Go to settings>system updates>update profile. After this is complete. Dial ##72786#. Your device will reboot. - Nyyota
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hi. I am having the very same problem. After trying your suggestions, i still have the same issue. What now?

Journeyman

I just started getting this error 2 days ago. My WiFi is connected with perfect signal. I want it fixed but don't know how to. Help Sprint!

Journeyman

Mine started the same thing 2 days ago

Journeyman

Same issue is happening on my new Note Edge after working just fine for a few weeks.

Journeyman

Hey groomsyj do u have a Samsung S5 like me?

Journeyman

Having the same problem here, started today after working for one day yesterday

Journeyman

This appears to be a Sprint issue, since multiple people are having this error, I too have been using it flawlessly, and just recently, about two days ago, this error appeared. Perhaps we must wait patiently for a fix on their end.

Journeyman

Having the same problem here, also with a GS5. I've been using WFC without any major issues since it was released until yesterday morning. I've tried many combinations of turning off/on WIFI, GPS, WFC, clearing WFC cache & force stopping it, restarting phone, updating PRL & Profile. Nothing has worked. My home WIFI where I use it is fine and not the issue.  Come on sprint!?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat