cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S5 WiFi Calling network connection error

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Galaxy S5 WiFi Calling network connection error

Same problem here, after the Android Update, Wi-Fi calling says "network connection error". Have done all the updates listed, PRL, Profile, ##, reboot, etc. At this point would seem to be either Sprint or Android is the problem. The responses from Sprint on these boards seem to be the same....none of which helps. You would think they would by now have an updated response or even something along the lines of "We are aware of the problem and are working on it". That would make be feel better about support rather than "take it to a store" or "master reset". I like honest answers rather than canned ones. Even "We don't know why" would be nicer.

Journeyman

You hit the nail on the head, markr468, i noticed the problem on my S5 after the update to 4.4.4

This is annoying to say the least. A real solution to the problem would be appreciated

Journeyman

Same problem here with Note 4. Yesterday just stopped working. Tried everything with support and the problem persists. However, when I went to another network enabled location it works! Wonder if some change was made yesterday and the home network somehow got flagged within the application or on the Sprint side. Not sure. But the support sent an email to some secret group that  will take care of it.

Journeyman

I have the Edge and noticed yesterday the same error. I completed the updates and ## reboot and still have the error.

Journeyman

I just switched to sprint and this is making me rethink my decision. I dont get service at home and my wifi calling is telling me there is a network error. Sprint told me that they dont have a booster i can use and this is supposed to work instead.

Journeyman

Wi-Fi Calling has been working fine for me on my home wifi until this morning.  My GalaxyS5 is only 2 weeks old and it has been working fine until today.  Today it says "Network connection error.  Please try again.".   I am connected to my home wifi with a strong signal.  I have tried re-booting my phone and the updates as suggested but receive the same error.  This seems to be an issue with the Sprint network.

Journeyman

I have the same issue.  I bought 4 Galaxy S5 phones last Tuesday, November 25.  I have to use Wifi calling/texting at my house and work location due to poor reception.  The Wifi calling was working fine from November 25 - December 1.  After that it stopped working and I receive the "Network Connection Error.  Please Try again".

I was on the phone with Sprint for 45 minutes on December 2 and it still does not work at my home or office.  I had my girlfriend try her phone at home and her work and she also cannot connect to Wifi calling.  I also tried the 2 kid's phones at home and they also cannot connect to Wifi calling.

I went through updating, rebooting phone, speed test, etc. And nothing worked.

Wifi works fine on all phones but Wifi calling no longer works on any of the 4 Galaxy S5 phones and tried in multiple locations on different Wifi networks.

Please help.  I go for 8-10 hours a day and cannot make or receive text or calls without Wifi calling.

This has to be an issue on Sprint's end with their network.

Journeyman

Having the same issue with mu Galaxy S5.

Master

mikebmore,

Have you tried disabling wifi, updating your device, resetting your router, then reconnecting to wifi? Please open a web browser while connected to the wifi network having issues to verify the device is connected. In the wifi calling settings please verify the registered location is known, if address failed enable GPS satellite option on the device. Network connection error can also occur if the wifi network the device is connected to does not have sufficient bandwidth to support the connection, wifi connection speed can be determined by running a speed test. If you're still having issues please send us a private message by following the instructions found here bit.ly/1qQty1X we have additional troubleshooting steps we can perform that require accessing your account.

- Jathen
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I did all that already. It has always worked fine until the last 3 or 4 days on that wifi connection. I still get the same error message.

Journeyman

I bought 4 Galaxy S5 phones last Tuesday, November 25, 2014 .  I have to use Wifi calling/texting at my house and work location due to poor reception.  The Wifi calling was working fine from November 25 - December 1.  After that it stopped working and I receive the "Network Connection Error.  Please Try again".

I was on the phone with Sprint Customer Service for 45 minutes on December 2 and it still does not work at my home or office.  I had my girlfriend try her phone at home and her work and she also cannot connect to Wifi calling.  I also tried the 2 kid's phones at home and they also cannot connect to Wifi calling.

I went through updating, rebooting phone, speed test, etc. And nothing worked.

Wifi works fine on all phones but Wifi calling no longer works on any of the 4 Galaxy S5 phones and tried in multiple locations on different Wifi networks.

Please help.  I go for 8-10 hours a day and cannot make or receive text or calls without Wifi calling.

There has to be an issue on Sprint's end with the network.

Master

mikebmore Thank you for reaching out to us. We are currently aware of this issue and working on getting this matter rectified.

Mirleine

Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat