cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S5 WiFi and Mobile Data Connected but Unable to Load Web Pages, etc.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy S5 WiFi and Mobile Data Connected but Unable to Load Web Pages, etc.

Every day or two, my S5 develops the following problem:

• WiFi on and connected to access point--unable to reach any web sites using stock browser, Dolphin, or Chrome
  • Turn WiFi off: Status bar shows 3G data connection but again unable to reach any web sites
  • Toggling airplane mode on/off has no effect
  • Accessing service menu (*#0011#) shows connection to access point with speed of 130 Mbps
  • Toggling WiFi power save mode does not restore connectivity
  • Using the "ping" function to access either my local gateway or 8.8.8.8 fails
  • Rebooting phone restores full connectivity with no changes in settings

Any suggestions as to (1) why data connections are failing every few days and (2) what can be done to restore connectivity without reboot would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

12 REPLIES 12
Master

Re: Galaxy S5 WiFi and Mobile Data Connected but Unable to Load Web Pages, etc.

jeffrey144,

We're sorry to see that you're in this situation. Please allow us to look into this further for you by sending us a private message. Please visit http://bit.ly/1qQty1X to provide the requested information. We look forward to hearing from you.

Josh
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Having the same issue.

Master

jdjenkin,
I'm so sorry to hear this occurred. I recommended taking the device into a store to have it properly diagnosed. The store can quickly diagnose and determine what exactly is needed to resolve the issue.
- Alexes
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

My wife is having the exact same issue with her SG5 as of the last two days.  Thought it might have been tower based as she complained about it yesterday and today while at work (Durham, NC) but she was experiencing it last night while at home too (Apex, NC).  She finally got the latest update last Friday.  No issues before the update.

Master

CWGrizzwold16

Thanks for posting. I would have her take the phone into a store for a checkup. It sounds like she downloaded a corrupted update, but I couldn't be certain of that, so the store really is the best option. I can, however, pass this issue along to see if it's a more widespread issue. Which software version are you running, please?

- Robin W
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

SprintCare (Robin W),

The update was G900PVPU1ANK4 which pushed her to 4.4.4.

Master

CWGrizzwold16,

Thank you for that. We will continue to gather and pass on info about this. As previously stated, having the phone checked at a service location is advised. You can find one near you here Sprint Store Locator.

-Patrick

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

If this is still a problem it might be related to some new update that was pushed.  It only seems to prevent data when connected to the cellular network.  I and others can receive data when connected to the a wifi network.

Look at this thread if you are still having problems.

No Data Connection on Samsung S5, Omaha Nebraska

Master

drops1234 You would have to contacted Samsung there are the ones who sends updates. - Carol
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Yes and they say it is sprint.  Look at the knowledge base you will find the issue.  It is related to the itson app that is pushed to the phones.  4.1.18.  Getting tired of all the finger pointing at who is responsible for this.

Master

drops1234,

If it's regarding that same issue it has been classified as a known issue. The information is as follows:

Issue Title: Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900-Calls, texts and data intermittently blocked

Posted date: 1/7/15

Issue Type: Known Issue
ItsOn will provide and OTA (over the air) push for all NK4 users from 1/12/15 through 1/26/15. Once device receives the updated ItsOn client a power cycle will be required. User can accept or cancel the requesr to power cycle up to 3 times, with a 10 minute timer in between each prompt. Note exception: 10 minute timer is not in effect when either the phone is in use or while in emergency state after a 911 call.

To confirm users have the updated client, use the following stepsSmiley Frustratedettings>Application manager>All.

If the device has the following, the device HAS received the updated ItsOn client:
Application:NetworkSystemProvider
Version: 4.1.21

If the device has the following, the device HAS NOT received the updated ItsOn client:
Application:ItsOn Service
Version 4.1.18

If the user has not received the push, please let the customer know a power cycle will restore the device functions.

Last Updated: 1/21/15

Please let me know if you have any other questions regarding this issue.

- Mabel
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat