cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S5 network and connectivity issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy S5 network and connectivity issues

Sprint, you guys owe your customers a direct explanation for the issues Galaxy S5 users are experiencing on the Sprint network. To continue to ask your clients to perform PRL and profile updates, requesting cross streets so you can check on specific locations.....and then nothing changes, is disingenuous. We paid Sprint for what is supposed to be one of the most technologically advance smart phones on the planet......it's not the phone. Someone there knows the real story, Sprint needs to step up and give us the facts, give us accurate timing for when the updates on the towers are scheduled for completion, and provide this information in a timely manner. Broadcast this information on your website.

I've traveled in several states and work in downtown Atlanta. Connectivity issues with Spark or 4G are close to non-existent.

How about truly serving your customers by giving us the facts?

23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted
Master

Re: Galaxy S5 network and connectivity issues

MackTrucks81 -Thank you for posting. We understand this can be frustrating. Sprint is in the process of rebuilding all its towers. Increasing the capacity and augmenting the signal strength. In due time Sprint will have phenomenal service throughout the network. We can see how important this is for you. We're here to help. -Ramiro Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

These phones shouldnt be on the market if the towers weren't ready. This is criminal. BBB complaint 34,418 right here.....

Highlighted
Master

baw123,

Many of our towers have completed the network vision process. Where are you located so I can take a closer look into your area?

Crystal
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I am here because for the past 5 hours my Galaxy S5 has been telling me I have a MIP: 67 error and I am not able to connect to mobile data.  I have searched online for this error and it seems it's common.  I've removed many applications that have been installed and I rebooted my phone several times. What else needs to be done (hoping to avoid a factory reset) to get my data to work again?  How can it be an issue with my phone and not the network?  My husband has an iPhone and his phone is not experiencing problems.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint is getting better day by day, and Stop hating Sprint. Screenshot_2014-06-11-09-57-59.pngScreenshot_2014-06-11-09-58-31.png

Highlighted
Master

smith5297,

Have you tried performing a soft reset to the network? To do this, dial ##72786#. Keep me posted.

Crystal
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

BENNY484,

Great to hear! Please feel free to reach out to us anytime.

Crystal
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I just did as you suggested and my phone went through a series of reactivation steps and I received another error and then it cleared and went back to the MIP 67 error.  Any other suggestions?

Now I received a random text message saying" "You are currently not allowed to use this service.  Please contact Customer Care support. Msg 2126"

What is going on?!?!

Highlighted
Master

smith5297 -- Please send a private message to 'SprintCare' with your Sprint phone number, account PIN or the answer to your security question, and copy/paste this conversation for reference. Thank you. *Julian
Highlighted
Journeyman

I just bought the S5 yesterday.. I got home and tried playing with the phone to get accustomed to it.. I also added on my WIFI. It shows it connected on my phone with full bars and all but, I cannot access the internet (with or without wifi), update apps or anything! its frustrating!! already tried the the soft update (##72786#) it works for a second then goes back to not working at all

Highlighted
Master

Has it been like that since you first activated it or were you able to get a signal at first?

-John
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat