cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S5 network and connectivity issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Galaxy S5 network and connectivity issues

I just switched from iPhone to the Galaxy S5 nine days ago, and the service I'm getting on this (amazing) phone reminds me of the Sprint wireless service over ten years ago! All the calls break up and sometimes drop, the only time I can actually connect and use Apps is when I'm home on Wi-Fi. I was in Lowell, MA for two days earlier this week taking care of some business, and was lost because I could not pull up Google Maps for walking directions, and also couldn't access the bus schedule. I'm totally perplexed how this can still be happening in 2014! I'm dreading calling about this because I don't wanna hear this lame excuses. Least of all about my zip code, cross streets, and how they're "working on the towers". That last one, I've been hearing for years now!

Highlighted
Master

Martin5005

We hate that you feel this way. I'm here to help, can you click on Sprint icon. Top right click on private message, please provide your phone number, security pin, and link to this thread.

Shantoya
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Benny....first, "hating" and "hater" no longer carry any meaning due to overuse.

Second, glad you've got great service. I drop at least 50% of my calls, rarely have a 4G signal and in many instances can't even get a 3G signal. Sprint HAS indeed been disingenuous by selling phones with Spark enabled technology when they were aware that customers wouldn't receive this signal. To make matters worse, no one at Sprint will provide accurate timing information on when their tower updates will be completed. I would be better off had I not given them my money for the S5 and simply kept my old S3.

Highlighted
Master

MackTrucks81

Our goal is to make sure all of our customers needs are met. We value you as a sprint customer and your satisfaction is our first priority. Please provide me with your cross streets and zip code, I would like to look into your area. Nija Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

If you still having issues with data replace your sim or make sure your sim number matches with Sprint by call customer service and ask specifically,you would like to verify the sim number.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I understand the frustration of many galaxy S5 users, its just not the S5,every tri-band phone cant perform fully until the tower upgraded to Network Vision, in my area i received LTE signal last year and it was Band 25, i was excited and bought galaxy 5 it performed well for couple months and started acting up, staying only on 3g all the time,

Well reading many forums i found Sprint was testing B26 and B41 in my area, but eCSFB was not enabled on band 26 or 41 which results phone to bounce back to 3g.

If you have MSL code dial  ##data# go to LTE and disable B26 and B41 temporarily until its live in your area, it  will help everyone getting back on B25 lte. or select more in the data menu got to HDR/1x selection and select LTE only(by doing this you wont receive calls) but a stable LTE connection if its available in your area.

I have no clue why Sprint wont explain in detail and provide solution rather making customer suffer.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Amen Amen! Well spoken....Sprint can you hear us now

Highlighted
Journeyman

The answer for everything is ##72786# ...and magically nothing changes. Sprint you are like a "bad magician "

Highlighted
Journeyman

Then if that's true why after sprint customers complaint about real sprint problems...why don't you fix them...instead you are a juggling clown prince...nothing ever gets fone.

Highlighted
Master

hatesprintalways - Thanks for reaching out with your issues. Please let us know the details of your issues so we can assist. Thanks in advance! - Sean
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

And you did nothing

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just got an S5 today and I immediately noticed on my way home that "service not available".  I have a notification of MIP : 67.  Wifi works fine, but I have no connectivity anywhere else.  The whole reason I got an S5 is because my S4 stopped working and kept freezing up, this is getting a bit annoying. 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat