cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S5 not getting 4G

Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy S5 not getting 4G

So I recently upgraded from a Galaxy S4 to a Galaxy S5. With the S4 I had no problems connecting to 4G, but on my new phone I have not been able to connect to 4G at all. I've tried changing network settings and resetting them, but nothing works. I'm using the same sim card I had in my GS4, so it possible there is something wrong with that? Or is there something else going on?

3 REPLIES 3
GrandMaster

Re: Galaxy S5 not getting 4G

its possible. did you purchase this phone through Sprint or through a 3rd party? it should have came with its own sim card. also what is it showing at the top of the notifications area?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I had to buy the phone from a 3rd party because my GS4 broke and Sprint changed their policy so I wouldn't be able to use an upgrade until September. I can connect to 3G just fine. Sometimes when I restart the phone the phone I get a message saying I should cycle the device because the sim card has locked.

GrandMaster

hrm..i know that unless you have the sim card in there you wont be able to use LTE..wonder if for whatever reason their sim card is on its last leg? call around to some of the local stores to see if any of them have a extra sim card. there shouldnt be any charge for it. a repair store might be able to pull one from a junked device. im not to sure about their policies though.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat