cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S5 not working

Journeyman

Galaxy S5 not working

Recently "upgraded" to the S5 and I HATE it.  I don't receive calls or texts and have to constantly restart the phone.  I have gone to the store and the Sprint worker basically said it was my fault for living in a bad area, she checked to make sure the phone was up to date and that was is.  I have had Sprint for years now and have never had a problem with service.  My daughters iPhone works fine.  My phone calls go straight to voicemail and I don't receive texts at all.  It's stupid to pay for service I am not receiving.  I have talked to the Sprint techs twice, which I think this phone qualifies for some sort of lemon law because I have had to do this 3 times....?  I don't have time to constantly wonder if I'm missing calls.  I have had to go through the trouble shooting several times and I was told that I will have to do this from now on with the phone.  I DON'T WANT TO DO THIS FOR THE NEXT 2 YEARS!!  I am so frustrated and am looking for a buyout.  Anyone else having this problem of not receiving calls and texts?  Any advice?

13 REPLIES 13
Journeyman

Re: Galaxy S5 not working

It sounds like you have your block feature on. .. was that checked?

Journeyman

Yes, they told me that the phones network connection is disconnected on the closest tower.  But I have never had this problem before the switch, and my daughters iPhone doesn't have that problem either.  Just the s5.

Master

sirwiggles,

This is something we don't like to hear. Please allow us to turn this around for you by sending us a private message. Please visit http://bit.ly/1qQty1X to provide the requested information. We look forward to hearing from you.

Josh
Sprint Social Care
Master

Isirwiggles,

'm sorry about that. Your frustration is understandable. I definitely want to get to the bottom of this. How long has this issue gone on for? Are you having the issue in a specific location? After performing the troubleshooting steps, how long before the phone starts to act up?

- Marie
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I recently had my 3 lines upgraded to galaxy s5 and it was a trouble right from the begining. everything doesn't work well except the camera. Is there a way to swap for iphone 6 or terminate service?

GrandMaster

if you have had the S5's for less than 14 days yes..if not then you can try and hopefully you'll be helped by a agent that will do this for you.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

jamnam,
Sorry to hear that these devices are not working. What exactly is going on with the phones? If your looking to exchange them for an Apple device, you'd have to be within the 14 day return policy. When did you purchase your devices?
- Wendy
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Having the same issues as well. My phone doesn't ring at least half the time. I am getting such poor service that Sprint Zone dashboard consistently either "fails" voice service check or shows signal as weak when I am at home. I activated wifi calling just to ensure I can at least make calls at home, but it still doesn't ring consistently.  I have tried all troubleshooting steps suggested with no improvement. Well, except for one...I refuse to set the phone to CDMA only as Sprint Care keeps suggesting, because the so-called fix for the known issue with the Spark phones has been in the works for over 6 months with no timeline to actually get the issue fixed!  I am not resetting my network preferences and losing  4G LTE functionality completely. If I wanted a blazing fast 3G [or less] phone I would just activate the old flip phone I still have laying around.

Of course I am a week past my 14 day return window. Guess I should have just taken it back when I could have, now I am stuck with a phone that has spotty at best service.

Master

kab0025,

Thank you for contacting Sprint. I understand the frustration in not being able to use your device for it's intended purpose. What are the nearest cross streets and zip code? I know you may feel that you're compromising your data connection by switching to CDMA, but I would rather you have data access than spotty or none at all. Have you tried dialing ##72786#; did you see any improvements? Let me know, I'm here to assist.

*Liz

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Yes, I have dialed ##727786#; I have also updated PRL and profile. I am pretty sure data conncetivity problems are related to my local tower as I had no problems out of town a few days ago. My biggest issue is my phone not ringing consistently. I am also responding on another thread so forgive me for the duplicate. My nearest crosssroad is N 19th St and Lamborn Ave in Superior WI. Zip code is 54880

Message was edited by: kab0025, added zip

Journeyman

I'm experiencing the same issues.  I had the Iphone 5 for two years before and did not have any issues at all.  I switched to the Galaxy S5 and it has been nothing but problems.  I still get phone calls and SMS though, but my phone clings to that one bar of LTE signal for dear life, causing it to get hot and discharge battery like crazy!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat