Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S5 problem switching from 3 to 4G

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy S5 problem switching from 3 to 4G

Recently upgraded to Galaxy S5. Phone seems not to recognize when it's in a 4g area. And does not switch out of 3g to 4g. Only way to get it into 4g is to restart or update profile.

260 REPLIES 260
Highlighted
Master

JUSTICE287,

I can certainly understand it is a frustrating situation at this time. As Christy has stated above this is something that we are currently looking into. If you haven't already I would suggest trying the steps she has outlined in her post. Because the S5 is a Sprint Spark device Wimax is not available on it.

Alex
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

God speed SprintCare....This is affecting a lot of people....I hope this issues is marked in the "critical" list. Word on the internet is that it is happening to all S5 and M8 owners.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I noticed I am having the same issue with my S5 and my wifes. It worked fine the first few days we had it, but stopped switching to LTE on Wednesday/Thursday. Called customer service and they said they were unaware of any issues, but apparently there are a lot of issues. Does anyone know if sprint will let me swap for a new one or a note 3 since these phones are brand new? Wish I was still with Verizon.

Highlighted
Master

jay70043, I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with new Galaxy S5. If you've activated phone within last 14 days then yes you can swap it out for another new Galaxy S5 or exchange for Galaxy Note 3. Have you tried to restore data on your device by dialing ##3282#? - Jeffery Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I do not have the msl# to edit.

Highlighted
Master

jay70043,

Thanks for getting back. Try dialing ##72786#. This won't require the MSL to complete. Keep us posted on the outcome.

Regards,
Duane
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I had already done an update. This one didn't help either. Why would the LTE work for a few days and then stop? Customer service said there were no problems in my area. When I go to the store tomorrow will they let me swap out for a different phone with no issues since it will be within the 14 days of getting the phone? I just don't want to have more problems.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Anyone from sprint out there?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just got my s5 yesterday and I'm having the same exact problem. My father had the same problem with his two week old s5. Already sat on customer care for hours today. This is a huge problem considering what people are buying this phone for...4g lte with spark. Which is a pain to use. Sprint, this is a nationwide galaxy s5 spark problem. FIX IT!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Haha, Jay. No one who works for Sprint has any idea how to solve this. They are just finding out it is even a problem. Sprint is third for a reason...

Highlighted
Master

jay70043,

If you are within the 14-day period and there is no physical damage, there should be no problem.

Pierre, Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

And I just realized I'm 4 days past the 2 week mark. Guess I'm screwed again. I want to try taking the line out of my phone for the spark like the other guy did in this thread. Unfortunately, no one can give me the MSL number. If I can just have the LTE I couldn't care less about the stupid spark.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat