Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S5 problem switching from 3 to 4G

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Galaxy S5 problem switching from 3 to 4G

Same problem here in palm harbor 34683 FL. And Largo FL 33771.

I have been having this issue for 2 weeks and is getting very frustrating. I talked to my son who also upgraded to the S5 the same day as I did and he too is having the same issue. Along with losing data connection all to gether.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ya thats what gets me, mine worked great for the first 6 days and now forget it. This really sucks. I upgraded because of the software upgrade to my awesome S4 just killed it and know one at sprint could help. So I upgraded to the S5 only to have basically the same issues. Come on SPRINT GET IT TOGETHER. You know im paying A LOT of $ only to feel screwed!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the same exact problem and i have talk to sprint 4 different times they can't tell me nothing i haven't been able to use 4g lte since i got this phone i upgraded from the s3 and had lte everything was fine with that phone my wife still have the s3 and has 4g lte and i have the lastest phone out and can't even use the internet hardly cause it always say unable to establish a wirless data connection EHRPD:7 Im located here in Columbus, Ohio 43224

Highlighted
Master

jafa22, Thanks for reaching out and bringing this to our attention. We're sorry to hear that you and your son are experiencing data issues with your new Galaxy S5. We'll be more than happy to further assist you as much as we can. Our technicians are working expeditiously to reach a resolution for the issue. In the meantime, try switching your devices to CDMA if you have not already attempted to do so. We'd also like to take a closer look at the towers in your area. So that I could take a closer look, please provide your two nearest cross streets. Let us know, we're here for you. Brittany Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Master

Big-Ralph04, That's not good to hear at all. I'm sorry that you are having this issue with your new Galaxy S5. After reviewing your location, I've discovered that there is a tower outage near 'Denune Avenue & Joyce Avenue' which is impairing all services. This tower is scheduled to be completed within the next week. However, our technicians are aware of the 4G data connectivity issue with the Galaxy S5 and are working hard to reach a resolution so that you and others can enjoy your new devices. In the meantime, try switching your device to CDMA. Keep me updated, I'm here to help.
Brittany Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the same problem lte works when I turn off phone then back on but then switches to 3g

I live in chicago il

Highlighted
Master

oscaralmaraz7,

I have looked into this issue and some of our techs are saying this is affected by the towers. May I please have 2 nearby cross streets & zip? I will be happy to check the towers in that area. I am sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks for reaching out to us.

Thank you,

Barry

Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Can you check to see when they will be officially done with the towers cause to the last month really suck all the drop calls and down internet im trying to be very cool about the whole upgrade situation but i have been with yall for years and the drop calls is killing me as a business man everytime im on the phone with a company it drops and i have to start all over and explain what happen.  Then i can't even look things up on my phone while im out cause i don't have no internet at all but with my S3 i had the 4g lte i was just experiencing drop calls then and my texts wasn't going thru now i have it all going on drop calls, no internet, can't really send text messages, i like Sprint service as long as i been with them but this is for the birds and its like we still have to pay the bill on it every month they remind us with a texts all the time.

Highlighted
Master

Big-Ralph04,

I can definitely look to see if there is an update for the towers in your area. Please post the cross streets and zip code for the area.

SarahG

Social care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Once again cross streets are I'm on Brent Pl. Between Alderman Rd. And Nebraska Ave in Palm Harbor, FL. 34683 and when at work, because same issue there and every where I go as a matter of speaking but work cross streets are im on Ulmerton Rd. Between Starkey Rd. and Belcher Rd. 33771 I have called and talk to sprint representative s for that past 2 months at least 2 times a week. Back when I had my S4

Highlighted
Master

jafa22,

Thank you for getting back to us with that information. Were you able to switch your device's network mode to CDMA only as my teammate Brittany suggested? There were some recent network enhancements completed earlier this month near your home so please allow up to 30 days for complete optimization. In the meantime, please reset your network settings by dialing ##72786# and call and periodically updating your data profile. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Audrey

Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

Just to reiterate to SprintCare: The problem is switching from 3G to 4G LTE. The Galaxy S5 does not automatically switch over at towers that are known to have LTE. My area has not officially launched but why do I have to toggle airplane mode to get LTE?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat