Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S5 problem switching from 3 to 4G

Go to solution
Highlighted
Master

Re: Galaxy S5 problem switching from 3 to 4G

thank you...

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Just wanted to chime in and report that in Salt Lake City, a Spark "capable" city, that Enabling Band 3 and 26 and Disabling Band 41 works for me most of the time. If I have to restart my phone for whatever reason I have to go through the whole process again.

I have been following this issue here and unfortunately am not seeing any progress to a well documented and known issue that should be a high priority in rectifying.

Having to deal with all this toggling non sense is getting old.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I live in 01719 and this is happening to me also. I have to update to get back on LTE. As soon as I update the phone prl it hops back on LTE. Is there a fix for this yet?

I find it sad that Sprint can't even launch a device correctly on their own network. Same BS with the iphone 5.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My phone often switches from LTE to 3G, regardless of where I'm at. For example, I'll be on LTE while at work and then sometime that afternoon I'll happen to look at my phone and it is cycling 3G. As mentioned in my original post, a sprint rep had me run a series of test and even informed me that he was strengthing my signal once I gave him my work address??? I have updated my profile and tried ##72786#. The only thing that seems to be a temporary fix is putting the phone in and out of airplane mode to reboot the signal. I also noticed that when I attempt to make a call or I am receiving a call I often get the "Network error" message; which is a sure sign that the phone is about to drop the LTE signal.

I think Cooljb explained it best in his post on page 3 (May 2, 2014 2:11 PM). As a result it looks as though we are just going to have to wait until the bugs are worked out of this LTE/Spark network before we get true, quality network service. 

Message was edited by: SDOT72

Highlighted
Master

BengalsFan75,

I understand your frustration. We are aware of the devices that seem to have trouble recovering signal when switching from LTE to 3G or vice versa. We are working to get this resolved as quickly as we can a temporary fix is to switch the phone to CDMA only which helps to stabilize signal. As soon as a fix is in place, we'll publish information here on the forums with all the necessary details. I appreciate your patience.

-- Laura, Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

SDOT72:

This is common in areas where upgrades are taking place or have not yet started. In these areas, I suggest keeping the device set to CDMA to mitigate connection issues, increase battery life and decrease possibility of battery overheating. What is the zip code of your current location?

While the upgrades are taking place in an area it will be common for LTE to fade in and out as techs test and tweak the signal. Additionally, towers, while independent, also work in conjunction with each other. Sometimes a tower will be upgraded, the LTE tested and tweaked to spec and then the LTE turned off until other towers in it's conjunctive group are also upgraded. In cases where this is done, it is to diminish connection issues by and large.

Jon H.

Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok. It's reassuring that Sprint is working on a fix. At least you guys are acknowledging there is an issue.

Highlighted
Master

Not sure if the single antenna was a good move or not...

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
GrandMaster

im thinking with what they put into the phones it was their only option..i remember reading something about it but cant remember where it was posted lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Master

The question is, will this single antenna will be compatible with the other networks once someone unlocks the phone? Or is it a Sprint move to use the hardware limitation as a tool to prevent that?

Highlighted
GrandMaster

not to sure..would need the specs for the phone to see what all it can and cant do.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Interestingly, my s5 is showing band 25 not 26. I'm in an area of south Florida that shows everything enabled including sparc. Can't get anything but 3g. Sprint offers all the platitudes but nothing else.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat