cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S5 screen while on call

Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy S5 screen while on call

Anyone have this issue?  While on a call, the screen keeps coming on and dialing a number, or putting the caller on mute while stuck in a sub menu?

Here's the context.  I am in sales.  I will take a call on my cell phone.  At some point, the phone sensor must move far enough away from my face that the screen wakes and while I am talking, my jaw must initiate something on the screen (like pulling up contacts or dialing a number from the call log).  Its super annoying.  When it goes into a sub menu, the call is muted and the customer can't hear me.  If that isn't bad enough, the phone will dial a number, whether it is the caller I am on with or some other number from history or contacts.  Is there a way to stop this from happening? 

5 REPLIES 5
Master

Re: Galaxy S5 screen while on call

CNICHOLSON81, That's frustrating. Sounds like the device is having issues with the sensor. Have you taken the device into a store for review? They'll be able to look into the device and see what's going on.- Yousef
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I don't necessarily think it is the sensor.  I just got the phone about 2 weeks ago.  I think it is just a matter of when I talk the phone slides down my face as I am cradling it between my shoulder and jaw.  I was hoping there was a wake to turn off auto-wake when removed from face.  I don't mind hitting the power button to wake the screen manually

Master

CNICHOLSON81, I see. Try this for me please. Go to menu then Apps. Then click on settings and tap display. Once there should be an "increase touch sensitivity" option that can be enable or disabled. Click the disable option. Give that a try and let me know if this helps.
Yousef
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

It was not checked.

Master

CNICHOLSON81,

After checking it off and placing a call, did the screen stay off while talking?

- Ash
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat