cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrible Galaxy S5 data and talk limitation!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Horrible Galaxy S5 data and talk limitation!

Are there any update in the works to make it possible to use data and talk simultaneously on new cough* spark (fart) phones? This is one of those WTF was sprint thinking moments.

Did you guys think about people like me who pay for tethering? NOPE! How convenient is it for me to have to keep re-downloading half completed downloads, videos, attachments, and webpages and not to mention the fact I keep using more data to re-download THINGS that should of downloaded THE FIRST TIME! MY GOD!!!!!!!! .  Did you guys think about people who use GPS? NOPE! Did you guys think about people who use their phone to pay bills and the HUGE problem of double paying when data connection is interrupted? NOPE!  Did you guys think about people like me who have nagging girlfriends and enjoy being able to pretend to listen to her conversation while really browsing the internet? NOPE!

I don't know if sprint forgot but this is the decade of who has superior data and smart phone availability not talk lol which was and should have been done and over with in the 90's. Sprint spark program would be equivalent to Toyota cars disabling every feature (gps, heat, ac,power windows, cruise control, window wipers, heated seats etc.) on the car when pressing on the gas to improve drive quality but forgetting the whole comfort of the driver.   

15 REPLIES 15
Journeyman

Re: Horrible Galaxy S5 data and talk limitation!

i have tried it even with a rooted device to no luck. the only carriers i know that allow data transfer and talk at the same time are verizon and ATT

Wizard

It's an issue with their network technology. If you don't like it, switch carriers. It'll come back when SVLTE happens.

Wizard

Sorry, mistype. "VoLTE"

GrandMaster

att and tmo..verizon on the other hand though is deploying something right now for this.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

CRENSHAWTRRY -- The new Sprint tri-band/Spark devices use only one radio and rely on a switching protocol known as [CSFB] circuit switched fallback, when a triband/Spark device is in LTE mode it is only capable of sending/receiving data, and when a call comes in CSFB is used to drop the LTE connection and switch your device to CDMA mode so that you may receive your phone call...So simply put ~one mode cancels out the other, because LTE doesn't support voice so therefore your LTE connection must be terminated in order for you to make/ receive phone calls and once the call is ended the phone then switches back to LTE mode. *Julian
Journeyman

So switch to att ?

Journeyman

What's that have to do with anything?

Journeyman

Where do you parrot people come from?

Journeyman

The question is will this issue be fixed or not and why wasn't the disabling of this major feature disclosed before hand?

Journeyman

You sound as mad as I was I switched to verizon cuz of this issue it was a total deal breaker.So if I were you I would look into the other three major carriers they all VOLTE cuz its gonna be a loooong time before sprint reconciles it.

Wizard

This isn't an "issue", it's just how the new network works. Sprintcare explained it exactly. It can't and won't be "fixed". We're not being jerks by saying switch carriers. That's literally the only thing you can do to have simultaneous voice and data until VoLTE comes into play around 2016/2017. Or use a S3 that isn't a Triband device.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat