cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Come Wifi Calling No Longer Works on Sprint Network?

Journeyman

How Come Wifi Calling No Longer Works on Sprint Network?

I bought 4 Galaxy S5 phones last Tuesday, November 25, 2014 .  I have to use Wifi calling/texting at my house and work location due to poor reception.  The Wifi calling was working fine from November 25 - December 1.  After that it stopped working and I receive the "Network Connection Error.  Please Try again".

I was on the phone with Sprint Customer Service for 45 minutes on December 2 and it still does not work at my home or office.  I had my girlfriend try her phone at home and her work and she also cannot connect to Wifi calling.  I also tried the 2 kid's phones at home and they also cannot connect to Wifi calling.

I went through updating, rebooting phone, speed test, etc. And nothing worked.

Wifi works fine on all phones but Wifi calling no longer works on any of the 4 Galaxy S5 phones and tried in multiple locations on different Wifi networks.

Please help.  I go for 8-10 hours a day and cannot make or receive text or calls without Wifi calling.

There has to be an issue on Sprint's end with the network.

13 REPLIES 13
Journeyman

Re: How Come Wifi Calling No Longer Works on Sprint Network?

Along with you and what appears to be numerous others, i have done all the updates listed in the various threads: PRL, Profile, ##, reboot, enable/disable. This has started since the upgrade to Android 4.4.4. Therefore, this would point to either a network issue (SPRINT) or a bad firmware upgrade (ANDROID 4.4.4). If we all get pushed another upgrade, then the problem will be that. If it miraculously starts working, then the problem is with Sprint. Taking our phones to a store and doing the master reset has not fixed the problem in others. On another thread, the new "logic" is that somehow maybe wifi calling is no longer on all of our accounts. This does have to be enabled to work. It is listed on my account but who knows.....maybe Sprint deactivated a lot of users for no reason!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

While I was on the phone with Sprint they took it off my account and put it back on and that did not correct the issue.

Master

srossi44,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your issue. We appreciate having you as a valued Sprint customer. It is unusual that all four phones are unable to enable Wifi calling on any network, obviously it is on our end. We will have to notify our Network Team of the issue so they can investigate and resolve it. You are still within the 14 day return and exchange policy. We recommend updating the data profile on all phones and if that does not make a difference then go to a Sprint Service and Repair store. They may have to master reset all devices, but that is your decision. To update the profile, tap on Apps>Settings>System Update>Update Profile. Give the phones a test run and if it is still unresolvable, then refer to a service and repair store. Here is a link to search for one nearest you, http://bit.ly/1dDKYKx .

Richard
Sprint Social Care
Master

srossi44 - Do you know the software version you have on the Galaxy S5? On the WiFi profile that you connect to, do you have an address set up or do have "locate Me" selected? Let me know. - Carl
Sprint Social Care
Master

markr468, Have you tried resetting the modem and then reconnecting the device to it? - Tanisha
Sprint Social Care
GrandMaster

wifi calling has nothing to do with the network though..this is more than likely something to do with the app/ability itself..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I have been having this issue as well since the beginning of December. All worked well for the first few days I had the phone then suddenly stopped. I get the same error message as well. I have also tried all solutions suggested in other threads including the Sprint repair store and they are baffled as well. Is there any news on a solution to this? I would love to be using this feature while I am currently in Mexico with no service but perfect wifi signal.

Master

SuZ71

Thanks for posting. Did this stop working after a software update? Is the error the Network Error? If not, what is the error you're getting? The document I founds says that the "Network Error" means that Wi-fi calling client is not authorized on the phone. So, you'll need to make sure to verify your user credentials and retry. You might try to forget the network and find it again to see if that helps.

- Robin W
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

The error I get every time is "Activation Error. Tap here to retry wifi calling activation process." Once you tap I just get the same error over and over. This has been happening since the software update a the end of December from what I can tell. Just got back to the states after a trip to Mexico and it still does not work.

Master

SuZ71, It seems like you're going to have to reactivate your Sprint WiFi calling again. You can do so by pressing set up on the activation screen. You will then set up your WiFi calling once again. Please let me know what the outcome is. - Natalie
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

When I click the link to retry the activation process a message pops up that says "writing to device" then it says "your device is ready for wifi calling." A few secondo after that the original "Activation Error" pops up again and it loops back through the same thing again. It does this on every wifi network I have tried. From the sounds of what I have been readin this issue has be spontaneously resolving for some people??? Is that true??

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat