cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long until the S5 gets an update for spark?

Journeyman

How long until the S5 gets an update for spark?

This phone has been out since April and I still have to keep it on CDMA to receive calls. This is unacceptable. Don't ask me for my cross streets, just hurry up on an update to fix the phone. Everyone that has a spark capable phone should get a credit on their account until this problem is fixed. Why should we be paying for something that we can't use?

Tags (1)
31 REPLIES 31
Master

Re: How long until the S5 gets an update for spark?

dono218 Thank you for asking about Spark. You can keep track of our upgrade progress at http://sprint.com/lte/. You can also see where Spark is available currently by using the map on http://sprint.com/coverage/. Are you unable to receive any signal, calls or data? I'm here to help. *David Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Spark is available where I live in Baltimore City. But if I have lte enabled I can't receive calls. The fix for that was to keep the phone in CDMA mode only until sprint has a fix for the problem. When will you fix the problem? Apparently a lot of spark enabled devices are having this problem, just read your forums.

Master

dono218

Here to help. What forms of troubleshooting have you done? Have you tried changing your device to Airplane mode and back?

Patrick N
Social Care Team
Journeyman

I thing sprint need to credit back everone account we are geting bad bar no one cant call or texts I cant get no service in my house the signal is bad ever else when I am drive in my area in boynton beach is bad cant use web they need to fix these tower put more tower out there get more coverage area my wife has iphone 5 take long time to get on the web and get busy signal and cant text or call sprint u need to credit back everone account this bad this worst signal I am geting

Master

nautica1982

Sorry to hear about this, but I'd like to look into this for you. Can I get your cross streets and zip to check your area?

Patrick N
Social Care Team
Journeyman

33436 boynton beach

Journeyman

Congress on my phone say lte spark and it show 1 bar all the time same in the house

Journeyman

I've been through the troubleshooting process. It is a network issue. If I have spark enabled, I can't receive calls. With CDMA only, I can't use spark, but I have to keep the phone in CDMA only so I can receive calls. Is sprint working on the issue or are you all clueless to the situation. Judging by the posts of others on this forum, you should know there is a problem. My sister has the S5 with verizon, and doesn't have these problems. My coworker has the S5 with at&t and doesn't have these problems. This is my third post under this topic and I still haven't received an answer on how you will take care of the problem, or if you have even started the process to figure out what the problem is.

Master

nautica1982,

As far as the Spark goes, the 2500mhz is not yet completed. It will be completed soon, all other upgrades appear to be done as of now. Alot of times because the Spark is incomplete the 4G LTE does not work at full capacity. As far as your coworker being with AT&T, that is an entirely different network. Try turning your airplane mode on then off after 5 seconds. Let me know if that helps. We are here for you.

Randy
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Let me try to make this as simple as possible for you, since you don't seem to comprehend my problem. I've done all the trouble shooting. The phone doesn't receive calls when lte is enabled. Apparently the phone needs an update to switch to CDMA while lte is enabled. Right now the phone doesn't switch to CDMA mode when a call is coming in while lte is enabled. That's why I can't receive calls. Other users of the sprint community are having the same problems with spark enabled devices. I just want to know when you will have a remedy for the problem. Switching back and forth from airplane mode is a temporary fix and only works for an hour. You don't know it stopped working until you see a voice-mail notification but no missed calls on the phone. What's the permanent fix for this?

Journeyman

I guess you don't have an answer. At least I only have to pay one etf out of 3 phones, going to Verizon.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat