cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long until the S5 gets an update for spark?

Highlighted
Journeyman

How long until the S5 gets an update for spark?

This phone has been out since April and I still have to keep it on CDMA to receive calls. This is unacceptable. Don't ask me for my cross streets, just hurry up on an update to fix the phone. Everyone that has a spark capable phone should get a credit on their account until this problem is fixed. Why should we be paying for something that we can't use?

31 REPLIES 31
Highlighted
Journeyman

We all know the Galaxy 5 has a known "bug" that is causing all of these issues. So please, SprintCare people, stop a ting like that's a secret. The question is, when will the fix happen? I agree, we shouldn't have to pay for services Sprint cannot provide. Period.

Highlighted
Master

baw123,
At this time, our network team is still working to get this issue fully corrected. You may still have some issues until a permanent solution is found. I know having intermittent service can be very frustrating. However, I can assure you that once the solution is found, you will notice a significant improvement in your service.
Alexes Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

I agreed with the service with sprint spark in my area db-115 it bad here I have no service here in my area I have only have one bar here They need to credit back everone account lost of time please sprint were all the updates to fix are galaxy s5 and fix these tower we are geting bad siganl ever way

Highlighted
Master

dono218 Thanks for asking. Unfortunately, there is no update fix for this particular issue. Our networking team is working to improve this matter. All Sparks devices does not have the capability to receive calls while on LTE. You have to have Spark available in your area to have this capability. Once your market is completely upgraded to Spark then you will have the ability to receive calls while LTE is enabled. Meanwhile, the only fix at current is to turn off LTE by selecting CDMA only in the network preferences unless LTE is needed. We will update our customers on this as soon as possible and we hope this temporary issue is repaired quickly - Anntenetta Felton
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have spark in my area and it is very fast when I have it turned on. So the problem isn't that I don't have spark in my area. The problem is that I can't receive calls when I have spark enabled. Read some prior comments before you reply sprint care.

Highlighted
Master

nautica1982 - I apologize for the inconvenience. I can assure you that our network team is working diligently to get all upgrades done as soon as possible. - Robert Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Master

dono218, We would hate to lose you. We are currently working on a fix for these connection issues, at this time. A fix has not been release but it will be soon. I apologize for the interruptions this is causing you. Roxana Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

dono218,

We want to get this issue permanently fixed for you. In order to make sure we get this resolved we would like for you to private message us. Within this message please include your Sprint phone number, PIN / security question answer, and a link to this post.

Sprint Social Care Team,
JaSherai
Highlighted
Journeyman

dono218 Thanks for asking. Unfortunately, there is no update fix for this particular issue. Our networking team is working to improve this matter. All Sparks devices does not have the capability to receive calls while on LTE. You have to have Spark available in your area to have this capability. Once your market is completely upgraded to Spark then you will have the ability to receive calls while LTE is enabled. Meanwhile, the only fix at current is to turn off LTE by selecting CDMA only in the network preferences unless LTE is needed. We will update our customers on this as soon as possible and we hope this temporary issue is repaired quickly - Anntenetta Felton,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,You mean to tell us that our phones can not make phone calls on LTE!? I live in an area that has LTE but not spark yet, with my galaxy s4 had great service now with the s5 I rarely see LTE, and if I do its only one bar for maybe 10 minutes, I have not really ever had any problem with sprint service in my area but this tri-band galaxy s5 issue is becoming a headache.

Highlighted
Journeyman

That's what they are telling us.

I bought this phone back in April,  upgrading from an Epic 4G.   Thinking I would finally have a fast phone,  4G,  and not have to worry about having a ton of issues.

But instead,  I pay almost $200 for a phone that can't be on 4G and make calls/use data at the same time.

We got scammed here,  and Sprint seems to be just ignoring us.

When will we get a credit for the 'premium data' that we are not getting?   I can't turn 4G on, because then I can't receive a call.   It's worthless.

Highlighted
Master

illegal_operation - I know this is frustrating. I can assure you that this issue is being worked on to get a resolution as soon as possible. - Robert Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

Absolutely unacceptable. I am paying for a phone and a service (both) that don't work.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat