cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long until the S5 gets an update for spark?

Journeyman

Re: How long until the S5 gets an update for spark?

I just received the wifi calling update this morning, while this is a good add for sprint, I would have to say in my opinion that it is a way to try to people some people quite about this tri-band/3g,lte,spark galaxy s4 headache that we probably are all feeling, unless of course you live in one of the few areas that actually have spark. I would have thought that they would have wanted to fix issues that the phone has had since it came out instead of adding new features. First fix the tri-band issues with the phone (I have friends on both verizon and att that dont have these problems with lte), give the download booster back, and then move on too the new features that the phone should have come with in the first place. I WILL SAY AGAIN I THINK I SHOULD HAVE KEPT MY GALAXY S4,....or even the s3 at least then I had a phone that worked!!!

Journeyman

I got wifi update justs now yeaaa I cant wait android kitkat update 4.4.3

Master

jjchastain512,

I am sorry to see that you are still having issues with this. I would like to help. May I have your cross streets and zip code to take a look at the area? I would recommend putting the device into Airplane mode and then taking it back out. This has helped the device update with the towers. Let me know if this helps.

*Andi R.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I have been trying the airplane mode, resetting the phone to factory defaults, all of the above, not only do i have one of these phones on my account but I have 2 of them. Previously I had a s3 and an s4 and neither of them had a problem with getting a full lte signal. so im pretty sure its not the phone.......if it is the phone i am the most unlucky person on the planet because I managed to get 2 phones that do exactly the same thing. So as far as cross streets are concerned that isnt going to be of any help to you as I have called tech support talked to a rep on chat etc.. etc... Spark is not in my area so there needs to be an update soon that will allow these phones to check for lte not just look for spark, and when it doesnt find it just go back to 3g

Journeyman

It's not just your 2 phones, it's ALL Galaxy 5 phones sold by Sprint. (Other carriers aren't having these issues). Some service people are open and honest and will tell you this truth. Others pretend like there's nothing wrong and it must be the network towers being upgraded. Its all 100% balony.

Journeyman

I am totally screwed! I have 3 of these useless phones. I am wishing I stayed with my S3's. I have been with Sprint for 10 years and now wish I could leave but I'm stuck with these s#!+y phones and this crappy Sprint service. The only time I can do anything on this stupid phone is when connected to wifi. I hate sprint now. I left an extremely bad survey on their site and they don't even have the balls to contact me to see if they could help with any of the issues.

Journeyman

It's been 2 months and your techs have still not fixed this problem. My phone still won't receive calls while spark is enabled. I shouldn't have to keep my phone that I bought in April on CDMA mode. 4 months ago I bought the phone and still no fix for the problem. If I go to AT&T next month I shouldn't have to pay the ETF since you are not providing the services that you advertise. You're not keeping up with your end of the contract, so why should I be held to a higher standard than you? Is there an estimate on when the issue will be fixed or is everyone still clueless over at sprint?

Highlighted
Master

dono218 - I'm sorry to read that you've been experiencing this issue for so long. Sprint and Samsung are actively working to find a resolution. I do apologize about the delay. - BrittneySprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat