Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many of you have preordered 16gb Galaxy S5?

Journeyman

How many of you have preordered 16gb Galaxy S5?

How many of you have preordered 16gb Galaxy S5 or are thinking about getting one around Apr 11?

In my case, I was eligible for an upgrade back in early Feb 2014. I was so excited when Samsung announced Galaxy S5 would

come out with 4 colors as well as 16gb and 32gb versions. I decided to get a blue one with 32gb back then.

However, we all know that only black and white with 16gb as it launches in Apr 11.There is no word on whether or when Sprint will

carry a blue or copper S5 with 32gb. I've been waiting for S5 for two months and I just can't wait any longer.

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Master

Re: How many of you have preordered 16gb Galaxy S5?

I don't want to burst your bubble, but Samsung has decided to only sell the black and white in US, and lets hope Sprint will decide to carry the 32Gb.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for your reply.

I don't think Samsung will only put white and black on sale in the USA, I mean consider that S5 is Samsung's flagship phone this year, other colors will eventually come to the USA. They might be exclusive for some carriers.

The same pretty much goes with the 32gb S5. I believe all major US carries will offer 32gb S5 in 2014.

The problem is that we have no idea when they will do it. For those customers like me who have been eligible for upgrade and waiting for a couple of months. We just can't keep waiting all the time. Even if others colors and 32gb version come out in the USA ultimately, consider the history of S3 and S4, US carriers might take another couple of month to launch.

So in my case, I have to go with 16 gb S5, either black or white.

Highlighted
Master

I was going from a press release from Samsung that stated they will sell only black and white versions in the US.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks, Damjano.

Good to know. I can make up my mind today.

How about you, Damjano?

Highlighted
Master

I think I'm waiting for the Note4...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Regarless of if Sprint comes with a 16gb or 32gb version, it simply costs $18 at a local store to get a 32gb micro SD card and then you're set. Just buy one before you get the phone so when you buy your S5 just throw in the new card.  I have the Galaxy S4 and did that, yanked the 16GB out and put in a 32GB for under $20 at my local store.

My question is if any of you know what the S4 will drop to in price once the S5 comes out. My wife can upgrade her phone in 3 weeks, and she could snag the S4 or the S5. The S5 will be $200 so I assume the S4 will either be $50 or free. Not necessarily sure if the S5 will be worth it. The S4 is great as it is.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Cool, Damjano.

I mean if you are still tied down with a contract, It's worth waiting for Note4 which should be released in the second half of this year.

From what I've heard, Note 4 is pretty much similar to S5 though.

For me, I just don't want to take a phone bigger than 5.5.

Good luck:)

I've preordered my S5 yesterday. Just hope I will get it before Apr 11.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Uhateit, I know that Galaxy S series are compatible with SD cards.

What I'm concerned is that the stock system takes more than half of the storage.

I have a 32gb S3 with more than 100 apps. There are only 10gb available space left.

that means the system and the apps take up nearly 22gb internal storage.

Since we can not move those apps to a SD card, 16gb storage might be a problem for people like me

who would like to try new apps and install a lot of them.

S4 price definitely will drop down a couple of weeks after S5 launch. But I guess your wife

need to wait for a little more than 3 weeks. You can search online. there's a chart

indicating how Samsung S series price drops significantly after new one launch, compared with S1,S2 and S3.

For me, I definitely would go for the new one instead of the old one. in addition, it's like only $100 or $150

difference. only if you said your wife just needs a good smartphone and she is not that kind of tech geek, then

you get a lot of options out there.

Highlighted
Master

I read some rumors that the note 4 will have a bigger internal memory, and that is what I am after. I used to have the note2 and I miss it . I have the S4 now. Also Note4 will have some cool trick under its sleeve

Highlighted
Master

As of now, they have not released that information. Trust me I understand, as soon as I got my S4 the new one came out that supports Sprint Spark. It’s one of those things where your just going to have to make a decision. I can tell you that when we as reps find out whether or not that will be an option it will be here http://newsroom.sprint.com/ first. You can also seach around froums, sometimes that type of info is leaked, but we can not verify if it's offical until it is made offical.

*Clyde

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat