cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue receiving long SMS messages.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Issue receiving long SMS messages.

When ever I receive a long SMS message (the other person has a S5 on TMobile), the message is split into multiple messages. most of the time they come in out of order so I have to try to put the messages back together like a puzzle, its pretty annoying. I did not have this issue with my Galaxy S4, the S4 would combine the sms messages back into a single message. any one how this can be fixed?

Tags (4)
5 REPLIES 5
Wizard

Re: Issue receiving long SMS messages.

I recall there was an option to put together Text messages back together in order, but that does appear to be missing on the S5.

Master

Open your messaging app, and hit the menu button (bottom left side) and go to Settings, in there you have an Auto Combination option, make sure it's checked.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Wizard

Yeah that's the option I was talking about.  It is also the option I'm not able to locate on the S5

Master

halldl02,

I went through the device settings. Messaging - Settings - check Default messages option , you will see an option for the Auto combination. Let me know if this helps.

Paida
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Auto combination is checked (fogot to mention that on the original post). It does not work.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat