cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with charger/charging port

Highlighted
Journeyman

Issue with charger/charging port

Purchased a S5 and the charger was very difficult to plug in. Took it to sprint store within 14 days and was told the charger was fine. Kept having the same issue for another week so I called customer service, who told me to take it back to the store. When I got there I was told the charging port was defective and I have to contact the manufacturer. My question is, if I purchased my device from sprint, why must I call the manufacturer? I gave sprint my money. Its as if once they get the money, the customer is on their own and they don't care anymore.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Issue with charger/charging port

Where you will under your 14 days? Was this a franchise store or a corporate store? If you are out of the 14 days, you will have to go thru the manufacture unless it's a service and repair center.

Highlighted
Master

8tee8, Though you purchase the phone through us, since we don't manufacture it, we also don't guarantee it. We have a return period because we know that sometimes you change your mind and want to trade one device for the other.  Issues that are in fact, defects of manufacturer really must be addressed at the source.  I've worked with Samsung on the past with other home electronics and they're very helpful and generally very fast in getting a resolution.

*Christy

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

My issue is that I took the phone back to the corporate store within the 14 days and was told I didn't need to exchange it because nothing was wrong with the charger. Since I do not work for sprint, I did not know what a defective charging port looked like. In any case please provide manufacturer contact info.

Highlighted
Master

8tee8,

For the issue that you're having the best course of action is to chat with a Samsung Support representative and see if they will be able to assist: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact. Or call 1-888-987-HELP (4357).

Sincerely,

Colleen
Highlighted
Journeyman

Spoke with a Samsung representative who stated I would have to send the device back to them and they will evaluate the issue within 21 business days; meaning I will be without service for this period of time plus I still have to pay for the service and the phone. I do not have a spare cell phone to use during this time. I already paid $700 for this phone Ive only had for 3 weeks and I do not want to pay any more money.I have had enough. I am switching to another provider.

Highlighted
Master

8tee8,

Please private message us with your phone number, PIN, a link to this thread and the store you went to the first time within the 14 days. Was it the same store that you went to both times? Do you recall who you spoke to each time you went to the store? We will be happy to look into this for you. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

How to send a Private Message:

You will have to be logged in with your username to send us a Private Message: Then click on our Sprint Social Care avatar, that will take you to our Bio page, then on the right hand side under Actions, click on Send private message. That will bring up your Private Messages tab and you can compose a message that will just go to Sprint Social Care.

Thank you,

Barry

Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Why didn't you return the phone within. 14 days?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat