cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Marshmallow: Notifications Panel, and Settings

Journeyman

Issues with Marshmallow: Notifications Panel, and Settings

Ever since I upgraded to Marshmallow, my notifications panel has been wonky. I can't access my quick settings, and I can't clear notifications with one touch. When I go directly into settings and try to change the quick settings, nothing happens. In fact, settings just completely fails and closes itself down.

I've tried everything I can to get my notifications panel back to where it's actually useful to me again, but haven't gotten anywhere with it. It's really frustrating. My friend has the S7 edge with Marshmallow and his notification panel, settings, and clear button all work just fine. It makes no sense that Marshmallow is fine on 6 and 7, but borked on 5. It's not that old of a phone.

Is there any way to fix this? Do I need to take it into a store?

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
GrandMaster

Re: Issues with Marshmallow: Notifications Panel, and Settings

i would start with a cache wipe on your device..if that doesnt work then you might need to back it up and do a reset on it. if you scan through all the other threads in this forum dedicated to the S5 you will notice there arent a ton of reports of this..so this issue is more of a handful of people seeing this not across the board.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat