cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just bought Samsung Galaxy S5 from Sprint (Bad Coverage in Fort Wayne, IN)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just bought Samsung Galaxy S5 from Sprint (Bad Coverage in Fort Wayne, IN)

I just recently switched to Sprint from Verizon. I have very poor coverage in Fort Wayne, IN zip code 46802. My phone actually kicked into ROAMING downtown this morning. My friend on Sprint has an iPhone 6 and has terrific coverage literally standing right next to me. Doing some research, it appears that this is a very common problem. I am still in my return period; should I get a new phone? All of the other fixes I've seen (update PRL; reset phone; etc...) do not work? Is Sprint addressing this problem? It looks like this has been around for a while, but no one has addressed it.

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
Master

Re: Just bought Samsung Galaxy S5 from Sprint (Bad Coverage in Fort Wayne, IN)

Hello rsreplogle,

Your phone is designed to search for partnering towers when you get kicked off the network. If there is something going with the towers then your phone will search for a signal which could be 3g. If you are not happy with your device then definately return or exchange it. When you find yourself not having a sufficient signal then turn off the connection optimizer and set the settings to CDMA only. This will allow you to complete the call or use the device.

Thanks, Sharon Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat