cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Key pad not registering during phone calls

Journeyman

Key pad not registering during phone calls

My phone is not registering my key pad presses during phone calls, ie to select menu options. I did an online chat with a Samsung representative who recommended that I clear data and cache from Phone and Contacts app and do a soft reset but still not working. I do not hear a tone from my end, and none is being received by the phone menu.  I toggled a variety of settings in my phone app (including "long DTMF") and even downloaded a 3rd party app (ToneDef)  to send a DTMF signal but none is working.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Master

Re: Key pad not registering during phone calls

atishc - It seems to be a software issue. If there is no physical damage to the phone please take the phone to a local Sprint repair store so they can diagnose and possibly hard reset the device and back up all your information. If you are not afraid to lose your information you can preform the hard reset yourself (be aware a hard reset will return the phone back to factory settings and delete all your information). If the hard reset does not resolve the issue then we have to look at other options as far as getting the device replaced. Let me know if you have further questions. - Joanne Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Wizard

Have a question about that hard reset.  If they have a samsung account and have the phone backed up to the samsung account.  The hard reset would put the phone back to factory default -- but can they then load the samsung backup to the phone and get the phone back to what it is now?

Highlighted
Master

With the hard reset you will loose everything, but Google play will re-install the apps you had when you sign in again and Samsung will re-install the apps you got from them. You will need to worry about contacts and photos, but you can use Google drive to backup your photos. I personally use MyBackup Pro for contacts, txt messages and pic.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Master

jburg23 - Yes! Thats a good way to back up everything before the hard reset. Once the hard reset is complete the phone will automatically ask for you to log in your Samsung account. It will sync all that information back.
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat