cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LED Indicator issue on Lollipop (Android 5.0 on GS5)

Journeyman

LED Indicator issue on Lollipop (Android 5.0 on GS5)

I did notice that none of my nofications lights blinks when I have the phone in sleep when I miss a text, email, glide, Facebook message after updated Android 5.0?

There can you to fix it or just bug issue after update system? It's bother me cuz i have to keep check my phone on each time while a blink led not working.

Charging my phone will show red led light and won't get any notifications led blink.

I did factory data reset and format this phone and install again... no luck.

Android 4.4.4 was working everything normal!

I went to Sprint Store and they said had problems wih lollipop on Samsung Galaxy S5 devices!

8 REPLIES 8
Master

Re: LED Indicator issue on Lollipop (Android 5.0 on GS5)

InFavreWeTrust04 - We apologize for your experience with the update. Please follow this link http://bit.ly/1qQty1X to better assist you. We are here for you.- Suszette
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Interesting. Since the update I can't get my led notifications to turn off eventhough the settings are set to off.

Master

LauriceRB53, thanks for posting. It does sound like this may possibly be a bug with the new update but I'd like to review it a bit more in detail. Please send us a private message, http://bit.ly/1lCgRpq. This will allow me to create a ticket to notify our device experts for investigation. Please also include your email address to submit the ticket properly.
- Sarah
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Anyone figure this out yet? I have all led's set to off but still get flashing blue when an email arrives! 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same issue.  I noticed that the blue indicator light sometimes works, then sometimes doesn't with the new update.

Master

Snooprobb40 -

We apologize that you are having an issue with the update that is not working correctly on your phone. What I can advise you to do is to stay posted on the Sprint community for any updates on this issue and you can also download the Sprint Zone app to assist you with troubleshooting your phone. If this method does not resolve your issue please let us know, we're here to help.

- Morris
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have been discussing this in another post, about the LED indicator light, what I've noticed, at least on my device is that the light will only blink if my phone is on vibrate or and other level of volume besides mute. I believe, in a way, that this may have been intentional since the update added the "MUTE, NO INTERRUPTIONS, INDEFINITELY" feature, it may have interfered with the light, conversly for that reason i also think it could be a bug. but that is just my personal experience so far. nonetheless it is annoying.

Journeyman

I realy want 4.4.4 back. So much better. Android is becoming too much like IOS now.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat