cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LED light/indicator issue after Lollipop update

Highlighted
Journeyman

LED light/indicator issue after Lollipop update

I updated my phone to Lollipop.  After the update, the LED indicator will NOT light up if I receive texts, emails, or any other notifications.  I have my phone to vibrate once I pick up the phone if there are missed messages as well, I can't remember the name of this feature.  And my phone will NOT vibrate either.

When I charge my phone, the LED will be a solid red.  However, if a message comes through it should blink blue, and it does NOT do that.  It just stays a solid red, when charging.  Please research this issue, and get back to me ASAP.

The text or email icon WILL show in the notifications at the top of my phone, but the LED will not light up.  And the my phone will NOT vibrate, once I pick up my phone (again, I don't know the name of this feature).  It is very annoying as I have to hit the power button to see what messages came through since I normally have my phone charging & on silent @ work.

I tried to RESTART, POWER OFF, and these will not solve the issue. Sprint please fix ASAP.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Master

Re: LED light/indicator issue after Lollipop update

IAMHAWKHAI,
Thank you for reaching out. It has been advised to perform a factory reset after the update completes to ensure proper installation of the software. Before you make that attempt, try a soft reset. On your dial pad enter ##72786#. Allow your device to reboot and complete the hands free activation.
Various issues occurring as a result of the update are currently being reported to the Android developers. So far these steps are the 2 suggestions they have provided to correct issues relating to the Lollipop update.
Keep us posted.
Best,
- Yannick
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I tried the soft reset ##72786#. It did not work. I powered off my phone as well. Are you sure I need to do a factory reset? I have some questions before I do. How do I do a factory reset? And what info will I lose? What info should be saved before doing so? Seems like a lot of work to do just to get the LED indicator light to work for missed calls or messages. This is very frustrating! Again, please reply promptly.

Highlighted
Master

IAMHAWKHAI,
I understand your frustration. A hard reset is required whenever basic troubleshooting fails to correct issues related to software updates. The S5 has the option to back itself up. The most you might lose are the customized setup of your phone (Apps placement, background screen saver etc.) and messages. Captured images or video automatically save to the memory card.
All Internet and application downloads, Bluetooth file transfers, and most media types automatically save to the memory card as well. Before you start the process, remove the SD card to save those contents. Your contacts should be synced with your Gmail account. Review these steps for assistance with the sync and backup: http://sprint.co/1Ac8AiC.
Here are the steps for the reset: http://sprint.co/1Ac9hIz.
- Yannick
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Wizard

Hello Yannick, How about a partition wipe to clean out old temporary and junk files first before the reset. Some of these old files can cause problems too. A reset may very well do the job. but isn't that a last resort? I think that it is wise to clean out as much as you can first. Who knows maybe the partition wipe as well as a good cache clean will do the job with out a reset.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have had a multiple of issues with my galaxy s5 since purchase in November As well As After The Recent Lollipop Update.Primarily When I Am in Calls The Other Party Cannot Hear My Voice Unless I Am On Blue Tooth Or Speaker. Also Issues With Other Phone Features.Samsung Tech Support Recommended I Take My Device To A Best Buy Store Where They Will Re Install The Software On The Device For Free And This Should Fix Any Issues As a Result Of Update Problems. Ive Yet To Go To Best Buy And Am Going Tommorrow Or Next Day To Have The Softwear Installed And Hopefully Resolve The Initial And Post Update Problems With This S5.Ive never been so Unhappy With A Sprint Samsung Device In All My 15 Years A Loyal Sprint Customer. What Next? I dont know vut the reinstall maybe worth a try.

Highlighted
Master

penny91103 -
We definitely understand your concern. Try taking it to Best Buy to see if that resolves the issue. Keep us posted.
- Alvaro
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Wizard

Hello Penny, Why take your phone to best Buy when you can fix it youself? This is not rocket science! I have a Moto X and I had the same problems myself. It has a similar operating system. I fixed it myself cause the Sprint tech was inept. You can start by doing a partition wipe which will remove temporary and junk files which may be left over from the upgrade. These can interfere with the operation of the phone! next do a good cache clean and see if this helps. If not the you must do a reset. I know this will help. Try this and let me know. I would like to help. I fixed my Moto X and it works flawlessly!

Highlighted
Journeyman

the feature you're reffering to, icalled smart alert i think, i'm testing it though to see if it is working because the setting is there

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hsi There I Did As You Sugested Previously As Far As the Cache Partition Wipe And A Good Cashe Clean Abd Still Have The Issue Of No Sound To My Callers Or On The Phone.Have To still Use The Speaker To Be Heard. I Will Reset The Phone Next As This Is What Ive Waited For After This Sd Card Is Full Which It Now Is And I Will Reset And Try It This Weekemd.Thanks For Your Help And Reply.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat