cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lollipop Bugs

Journeyman

Lollipop Bugs

Since the S5 lollipop bugs, that would be great to see fixed and did not exist before.

1 - When turning down the media volume for a video im waiting on my phone, will also turn down the audio for my tv if it is streaming netflix.

2 - BIG ISSUE - Alarms no longer make sound when the phone is on silent.  WTF???  So now I have to keep my phone on vibrate or volume up to get alarms.  Just made the smartphone a dumbphone.  Rather use an alarm clock on a dresser then listen to my phone beep and vibrate all night.

3 - Hitting the task button will lock the phone up somtimes.  Have had to do a couple battery pulls.

Lastly when it was VERY WELL KNOWN that Android 5.0 had lots of bugs, why was 5.0.2 not released?  Seems crazy, but hey we got a broken OS released at least.

55 REPLIES
Master

Re: Lollipop Bugs

TheLindseys - I'm sorry to see that you're in this situation. Have you tried any troubleshooting with your device? Please let me know. This will allow me to better assist you. - Jodyann
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I too am experiencing issues since the update. If the phone is in silent mode, the alarm will not sound AND I have the led notifications set to off yet the light still blinks with notifications. Please help.

Master

LauriceRB53,

I certainly apologize for the inconvenience this is causing. I will be forwarding this feedback on. I can tell you that both we and Samsung are aware of some issues that arose with the recent update and I can assure you we are working on a fix.

- John R
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have also had terrible trouble with the new release. Here's what I've encountered YMMV:

1. Aps now take between 3-5 seconds to open.

2. phone has hard locked and unable to recover from sleep mode at least 4 times

3. phone hard locks while using an app. unable to recover

4. web pages and facebook app closing randomly.

5. my phone seems to think I don't make enough call so it dials whomever I'm texting.

6. battey life cut in half

7. all physical buttons take forever to respond to input

I'm actually disappointed by 5.0.  I really hope the new OS update will be better.  My S5 now makes a great paper weight.

Journeyman

I am also disappointed that Sprint has failed to add Download Booster.  Verizon has now added it with Lollipop.  Sprint really is falling behind in all areas, which is sad.  They use to be the first to release, the first to update, etc.  We are now becoming the bottom feeders to the rest of the market.  Not really a bug, but since we are talking about Lollipop, Sprint is failing to release anything useful compared to the big boys in the market.

Master

MIKEAROIN1974,

I apologize for the delayed reply to your message. We understand your frustration with the issues you encountered so far. Our device experts are working with Samsung and Google to address the problems being reported by our customers.

Thank you,

Lorrie

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I AM ALSO HAVING ISSUES SINCE TO UPGRADE.  WHEN I TRY TO TEXT, WHEN I PRESS KEYS NOTHING APPEARS, I HAVE TO LOG OUT AND GO BACK IN TO SEND A TEXT AND SOMETIMES THAT DON'T WORK.  IT ALSO WILL NOT LET ME HIGHLIGHT MORE THAN ONE PICTURE TO SEND SOMETIME.  MY WI-FI WILL KEEP RECONNECTING.  ALSO MY S BEAMS DOESN'T WORK.

Master

yul1960w, The manufactures are aware of the issue and are working on a resolution. Please be patient. - Currie Sprint Soci
Journeyman

I have had a decent experience so far with the 5.0 "upgrade"...but the biggest isue for me is that they took away notifications from the lock screen and also took away the stock music apps ability to change tracks and start/pause music from the lock screen.  I have not delved too far into it, but they are losing a lot of great little shortcuts with Lollipop.  Not a good thing so far...functionality is ruined in quite a few aspects.

Journeyman

A huge problem I have is the fact that you can no longer change the vibration pattern for text messages. I shouldn't have to use a 3rd party app just to restore functionality to something that used to work just fine. Now every single one of my texts are this annoying long vibration.

Journeyman

Access to the default picture for contacts is gone as well. I did an install from kies and most of the stuff you guys are talking about went away except for some of the sluggishness and my contact pictures not letting me default to Facebook or alternative app. I am also experiencing the heart monitor light turning on when the sensor is blocked.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat