cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Data Connection Error

Journeyman

Mobile Data Connection Error

Just got the Samsung Galaxy S5 2 days ago. Yoday it is giving me a mobile data connection error. Says unable to establish a wireless data connection. LTE: ESM - x EMM - 12

Ideas why? How can I fix? Has been for the past 2 hours can't use phone for anything.

Please help by not making me go to the store.

Thanks.

17 REPLIES 17
Master

Re: Mobile Data Connection Error

Normally that means the LTE around you is not that strong, maybe they are still working on the network or maybe a tower around your location. Most of the time I get that when I switch from my Airave to the sprint towers and sometimes around town when they are working on a local tower.

Keep doing PRL and profile updates, hopefully it will be fixed soon lol.

Good luck

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Wizard

Something similar to that happened to me over the weekend.  ALl I did to solve it was power the phone off  -- waited a minuted or two -- and turned it back on.  Try that and it never hurts to update PRL and profile.  Also check and see if there are any other updates available for your phone.

Journeyman

I have updated and it will not work unless I change the mobile data to CDMA only. It was originally on LTE/CDMA and all of a sudden stopped working today. I changed it to automatic and it still wouldn't work until I specifically chose CDMA only.

So my 4g doesn't work? I had an S4 before and never had problems with connectivity here at my work.

Master

Actually Sprint will recommend you having your phone on CDMA only, that does not mean you will not get LTE, you will.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
GrandMaster

mainly the only reason they are recommending the phone be set to CDMA only for areas that are still under deployment for the LTE upgrades..the phones are having issues jumping back and forth between the new equipment and the old legacy equipment..this normally resolves it. keep in mind this is only a work around until they get the towers completed..nothing more.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

It seems like lots of people are having LTE problems with Sprint and the S5.  I had LTE service everywhere with me S3 and now with the S5, I can barely get LTE at random, mostly only 3G.

Master

Navy_Brat, I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your phone not connecting to LTE. I'll be more than happy to further assist you. So that I could look into the service issue, please provide your cross streets and zip code. Also, what device are you using? I'm here to help. Brittany Sprint Social Care Team
Master

Navy_Brat, Actually, I think there may be something not set up quite right between your new phone and our system.  If you can, please click on the blue SprintCare link above this post, you'll be taken to our profile page.  Halfway down on the right-side is a link to Send Private Message.  Please provide us with a link to this thread, your Sprint phone number and security info and ask to check for a UICC mismatch.  Sometimes the number on this card in your phone doesn't recognize the number we have assigned to it and that will cause this error.  We generally respond to PMs within 24 - 48 hours but we'll get this figured out together.

*Christy

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I sent a message a bit ago, I hope to hear something so I know if I need to start returning this thing or what is going on.

Journeyman

I have the same freaking problem. I upgraded from the S3. I cannot send or receive texts with photos while talking on the phone and it takes multiple attempts to send picture texts. Don't get me started on how the signal keeps dropping. I live in Washington, DC.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the S5 by the way...

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat