Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Data Connection Error

Journeyman

Re: Mobile Data Connection Error

I have the S5 by the way...

Master

MENIIERE1 - Thank you for posting. The S5 doesn't have the talk and surf capabilities, which includes sending picture messages. - Kenneisha
Sprint Social Care
Master

Thank you for that information. You would be able to talk and surf on your phone if you were on wifi for data and had 3G for voice. - Annmarie, Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Wait - is this a prank? The S5 really doesn't have that capability and it was sold to Sprint customers without that information being made clear up front? Will it ever have that capability? Is this why I have to turn my wifi off in order to send and receive picture texts as well? Wow, I feel like I got scammed a bit here..

Master

Hello MENIIERE1,

What capability are you referring to? We always like to inform our customers of all the information that we have pertaining to their device.

Thanks, Sharon Sprint Social Care
Master

US carriers are switching to phones with one Antenna in them (voice and data over LTE), at the moment that will limit the capabilities of the phone to talk and surf in the same time, other carriers have started (3-4 cities that I know) and Sprint is about to start turning on this capability but it will be a while until the whole US will be able to do that.

Pictures use Data, so if you are not under WiFi, you will not be able to talk and send a pic message.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat