Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Sprint S5 Horror Story

Journeyman

My Sprint S5 Horror Story

Long story short - After the update:

• Wifi won't stay off
  • Background processes don't continue running, so no notifications from any app but the active one; no music players work in the background
  • Connection Optimizer won't stay off
  • After being on for a day or two without a reset, apps close when opened and home screen seems to be crashing
  • Lock screen doesn't always lock when I hit the power button.
  • Bluetooth connections intermittently die and reconnect
  • Takes up to 5 minutes to get a mobile data connection after restart

Things I've tried:

1. Confirmed the bugs in Safe Mode
  2. Factory reset myself
  3. Confirmed the bugs on 'clean' install
  4. Sent the phone back to Samsung who did a factory reset
  5. Sent the phone back to Samsung who claims to have replaced the wifi component
  6. Sent the phone back to Samsung who claims to have replaced the motherboard
  7. Purchased the TEP plan so I could take it to a Sprint Repair Center
  8. Took the phone to a Sprint Repair Center who said they can't fix it, that it's a known problem with many of the flagship Sprint phones.

I'm really not sure why I'm paying Sprint more than $200 per month when MY PHONE DOESN'T WORK. This is not the first time it's happened, either. The Galaxy S2 also stopped working correctly after it's OTA update, which resulted in me spending more than 20 hours with support and sending back the phone 3 times just to get a much cheaper (but working) replacement phone. I'm really not interested in that happening again. If I was a conspiracy theorist, I'd say Sprint breaks their phones just to make people upgrade.

1/10 Would not recommend

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat