cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetworkSystemProvider Has Stopped

Go to solution
Journeyman

NetworkSystemProvider Has Stopped

I suddenly have NetworkSystemProvider error message on my Samung Galaxy S5.  Now I have no data and can not make calls. A search on Google and on here has been to no avail.  Anyone?  I have done a soft reset which didn't help.  TIA

10 REPLIES 10

Re: NetworkSystemProvider Has Stopped

Good evening AMANDALOCKNER18,

I definitely want to get a closer look into this for you. We have received a few complaints that this is happening after the phones were updated. A few co-workers have found that doing a reset back to factory settings has fixed this. However, this will wipe your phone. Prior to going to the store or completing it on your own, I would recommend backing up the device.

You can find a service and repair store close to you by going to SprintStoreLocator.com. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,

Heather
Sprint Social Care
Click here to send me a PM

Journeyman

I have EXACTLY the same problem.  This is NOT acceptable. How can an update be pushed out to mainline phone hardware that prevent it from getting on the network?!?!??!  And the solution is to WIPE my PHONE?

Just spent over an hour with tech support; they are similarly clueless.  Not good, Sprint...not good.

Journeyman

Same issue here.  I refuse to believe that the only solution is to wipe my phone.  And, since I can't access the network due to the issue, I have no way to backup the phone as I'm away from home.  Sprint you need to fix this FAST.

Journeyman

Gave up and reset to factory....phone now works (3 hours later), and it's now taking forever to restore.  All my settings are gone, need to restore those as well in all my free time.

First change: turned off Auto Updates.

Hi all,

I know this is frustrating. For whatever reason, the updates has caused this to happen on the GS5. We are working with Samsung on a fix, but for now this is the best way to get your phone back and working immediately. Before you do the reset though, make sure the software version shows OD3. If it does, then the reset will most likely fix the issue for you. If it is not OD3, you can go through KIES to download the software through http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/ on to your PC, then tether it to your device. Please let me know if you have any other questions, or would like the steps to do the reset.

Again, I am sorry you have to go this route, as I do not like doing factory resets either, but it is the best way to get your phone back to normal operation again.

Enjoy the rest of your night,

Heather
Sprint Social Care
Click here to send me a PM

Journeyman

You do NOT need to do a hard reset on your phone. You can try one of two things:

1. Wipe the cache partition. You need to turn off the phone completely. Then, hold the power, volume up, and home buttons to open a settings screen. Use the volume down button to go down to wipe cache partition and click the power button to select. Once the process finishes, click the power button to select the reboot function. This should fix the issue. It will not delete any apps or files, just the cache.

If that does not work (it should):

2. Open up Settings > Application Manager > Downloaded > select Samsung Apps > press the Uninstall Updates button. Then restart when it is done.

Before doing any of these, it is a wise idea to turn off automatic updates so it doesn't try to come right back and update again after restart.

I had the same problem tonight. Now I don't and my phone is back to normal. I did #2 first and it started working better, although I think I only had wifi back up. Then I did #1 and I'm all good. I'm pretty sure I should have tried that first.

Highlighted
Journeyman

WTH, Sprint.  2 months of paying customers complaining and it's still happening!!  Yesterday, I pulled my GS5 out of my pocket and there was this pop up "Unfortunately, NetworkSystemProvider has stopped."  Unless my phone updated something while in my pocket, I don't understand.  I had a downloaded but not installed update waiting on my phone that I refused to install because just in July I had to factory reset my phone due to an update. Why would I update my phone when it's already working and I can't trust your updates to not completely upset my life?!?  So even without updating, this error starts.  The internet says use Kies3 to update and the error will go away.  Guess what, it didn't.  I am now at firmware version PDASmiley SurprisedG1 / CSCOG1 / PHONESmiley SurprisedG1 FROM OD3.  OD3 is where the error started.  OG1 hasn't resolved it.

I demand an apology and compensation for wasting MY weekend fixing a problem YOU caused.

Journeyman

Sprint you are the absolute worst, it's one thing after another with you..

Journeyman

And the error comes back... i am in canada for business... and can't call home. Because of dropping the call when this error happens.. this is completely unacceptable

Journeyman

You need to go work at the Sprint Store.... I have lost 2 days of my phone because of the system update and not to count the number of miss calls, texts and email.. I went to the Sprint Store and they tried to sell me a new phone... now the screen won't stay on but I hear messages coming in .. this is truly some BS.. been a Sprint Customer since 1999.. Guess it is time for a change... Why Verizon and AT&T got to cost so much... About to shot them the PEACE Sign and get on the family plan with my brother... It keep trying to go back to this dang update.. I have a Note 4..If I go back to the store they keep trying to sell me an upgrade... f

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat