cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Frontrunner for Favorite Case for my S5 - Spigen Slim Armor

Patron

I was recently introduced to Spigen cases from a fellow Product Ambassador and as a long time Otterbox loyalist I did some him-n-haws over trying another product. Now it’s not that I have only used Otterbox products on my devices, but there is something to be said for their consistency in product. My only real gripe with them is that I always felt their cases were chunky (yes - even the commuter series) and majority of the other products that tried to give you similar protection in a slimmer fit just did not seem to get it done for me. Enter Spigen. 

I took the leap and was able to get my hands on Spigen’s Slim Armor case & Neo Hybrid case for my Samsung Galaxy S5. From the get go I have to say I love the Slim Armor case, finally a manufacturer who has taken the time to create a quality slim line case with good quality protection. Here are the key things that stood out to my
on the Slim Armor case:

SpigenSlimArmorS5.JPG

DESIGN

I thought it was a great touch that Spigen opted to mimic the S5’s dot pattern texture on the polycarbonate back plate of the Slim Armor. It feels great in your hand and gives it a nice look when on a table top or surface face down. The ports are all cut very cleanly and easy to access. This is one area in other case that most issues arise.
Regardless of headphones or earbuds I have used the result is the same every time; easy-clean access. The case does not transform the phone body too much. It keeps a slim profile, while providing good protection. My favorite added feature is the soft touch, angled buttons that line up over the volume rocker and power button. Makes them easy to use and gives it a cool look.

SlimArmourComparison.JPG

DURABILITY

I don’t ever try to drop my phone, but having a 4 year old it happens. One area of protection which Spigen is very focused on (and for good reason) is the corners of the case. They use “Air Cushion Shock Absorption” technology on the corners to help reduce corner impact – which we all know is a key cause for spider web screen (aka – I just got my phone and now its broke syndrome - It's when your screen cracks so badly that it looks like a spider web). From personal accidental drops and a couple of test drops I have dropped my S5 form waist level direct on the corner and no breaks or damage. Great selling point for a slim line protective case.

(DISCLAIMER: I do not recommend you do this on your own phone on purpose. I chose to do this as a test of my personal device. If you do choose to do so you are responsible for your personal device – just saying)

QUALITY & PRICE

Straight out of the package you can see and feel the quality of the polycarbonate back plate and TPU casing. The TPU (or rubber stuff – yes, this is a technical term) is nice and thick but not chunky. You can feel the quality put into the TPU which gives it its protective qualities. Although we don’t currently carry these case in our stores at this time, the online availability is very accessible and the price in my opinion is very competitive (from $25-$30 depending on site and color).

FINAL THOUGHTS

I am still a big fan of Otterbox, but I have to say that Spigen has moved into my heart and onto my device as clear personal favorite. So if you are looking for an alternative to try these are great cases!

-YOUR SPRINT PRODUCT AMBASSADOR TEAM-

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee