cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New GS5 Update

Journeyman

New GS5 Update

I downloaded a new update this morning; 373.46MB and it didn't take long to install. (It took way longer to "Optimize" 387 apps after the update was installed.)

Software Version: G900PVPU2BOD3

Android Version: 5.0

Here's hoping that this fixes the myriad problems Lollipop brought to the S5!

16 REPLIES 16
GrandMaster

Re: New GS5 Update

it should be 5.0.2 or something along those lines. you guys already have 5.0 for lollipop.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

fireguy_6364 wrote:

it should be 5.0.2 or something along those lines. you guys already have 5.0 for lollipop.

Still listed as 5.0 in the about screen.

This update includes bug fixes galore that clearly aren't listed.  I'm not seeing as many home screen redraws and my apps finally open quickly again like pre Lollipop!  Sure maybe some of this is the honeymoon, placebo period, but it is clear that things are faster.  My phone is also sleeping again on my wireless charger, which it was not doing on OA6.

This update added in the Screen Pinning (Samsung calls it Window Pinning) in the Security Menu, scroll down to Advanced area.  Awesome update if you've got nosey friends or click happy toddlers.

GrandMaster

you shouldnt be to surprised that most of the stuff included isnt listed lol.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

does it still have you guys at 5.0? all im seeing for this update is FR protection

Wizard

fireguy_6364 wrote:

does it still have you guys at 5.0? all im seeing for this update is FR protection

Frog Protection?  Fraud Protection? Frog, Fraud, Frog.....yeah, I think we're on the same page.

YES IT'S STILL 5.0 (do you understand it now if I shout it?) 

GrandMaster

only if you bring in a screaming goat that scares the tar out of some poor guy trying to get into his house.

Community Manager

Seriously?  You guys are too much. Fireguy, you should know, goats are evil, even ones that look like this

Don't be fooled. 

Rwebb, that's the most current version and yes there's often more to an update than the release notes specify.

SeaWolf

Community Admin

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

Well, I have noticed that Wi-Fi Calling has stopped disconnecting. And I haven't seen a "...Contacts Has Stopped..." message since the update. Also, when I run Google Maps, it doesn't automatically close 80% of the time. And 'Interruptions' is now 'Do Not Disturb'.

Wizard

My phone behaves like pre lollipop finally. So fast. Much wow.

GrandMaster

my brother raises goats..im well aware of how creepy/insane they can be lol.

Wizard

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat