cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Data Connection on Samsung S5, Omaha Nebraska

Journeyman

No Data Connection on Samsung S5, Omaha Nebraska

I haven't had a data connection on my S5 for the past two days, the wifi connection works great.  I received online help from your general support. They had me reactivate my phone using the ## method and then they had me manually reactivate it.  I have updated the profile and prl several times.  Nothing worked.  I went to a sprint store and the tech said it's a network issue, he was working on another S5 when I brought mine in.  I can send/receive texts and phone calls, but there isn't a data connection.  My wife's S4 has a data connection and it works fine.  Any ideas on how to fix it?

159 REPLIES 159
Master

Re: No Data Connection on Samsung S5, Omaha Nebraska

APK1977,

Sorry for the experience you are having. I understand how frustrating this can be. You can check to see if your mobile data is turn on by following these instructions. From the home screen, tap Apps. Scroll to and tap Settings. Tap Data usage then tap to check or uncheck Mobile data. Let me know if this helps.

Joel

Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

That was the first thing I checked.  Yes the data box was checked.

Master

APK1977

I know how important this is for you and will definitely will look into this for you. Please provide me with the two nearest cross streets and zip code. Do you have your data roaming option activated on this device?

- Lisse
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

189th and F Streets.  68130.  Yes it is activated.

Master

APK1977

I have checked the location and don't see any outages or scheduled updates. Here are some steps below to update your PRL.-- Press Home, then tap Apps.
- Tap Settings (in List View).
- Scroll up to System.
- Tap System Update.
- Tap Update PRL.

- Lisse
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have done this several times.  Tried it again.  Still no data.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the same issue.  I was on the phone for an hour and they couldn't fix it have a number of resets by dialing ##72786#. I took it to a store yesterday and was told that they had seen a few of them come in today and spent 4 hours working on them and couldn't get them corrected.  They replaced the phones.

I will take it to a different store today that I called last night that said they had been able to get them fixed by forcing the software to load again and for the network drivers to be updated.

While I was at the store last night there was an entry into their system that this was a known issue and the fix was to wait for a software update to be pushed.  It appears something happened to the software Friday night or early Saturday morning that caused this. 

Don't try calling Samsung either to get the device replaced.  You will be without your phone for 2 weeks while they have you mail it to them then send it back.

I will see what the other store says today when I take it in there.  They have had a number of them come in there when I talked to them last night.

I have been through the whole zip code thing and it isn't a network issue.  I have two other sprint devices in the house and travel 35 miles to work.  Other sprint devices are working just fine. 

Journeyman

Thanks drops1234.  I guess I'll wait for the update.  My wife's S4 works fine.  Let me know what you find out at the other store.

Master

APK1977

Thanks for the reply. Have you tried to re-provision your device by dialing ##72786#?

- Patrick N.
Sprint Social Care
Master

APK1977, Under Settings>Application Manager>All>Select "Network System provider. Verify what the network system provider is. Also, power cycle the device please.

- Ash
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Yes several times.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat