cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Data Connection on Samsung S5, Omaha Nebraska

Journeyman

Re: No Data Connection on Samsung S5, Omaha Nebraska

Yea, wiping doesn't work. I've tried everything known to man or woman!!

Journeyman

I live in Lyndhurst Va and having same issue on my wifes and my S5. I noticed issue Monday called customer service on Wednesday on phone with them for 2 hrs they could not fix. they had me call Samsung on phone with them 1.5 hrs they had never heard of issue said I need to send them the phone to had their techs look at phone. didnt do would have been with no phone. Yesterday evening went to Sprint Store they had 3 guys working on my issue they could fix after 3 factory resets so they replaced phones. worked until this morning and back to same issue with new phones. I see mine happen more when im connected to WIFI and leave wifi range and phone not switching back to mobile data. Glad i found this forum of this issue and know its not just me

Master

spadepro22,

We strive on offering suggestions and features that are beneficial to the customers and services. It would be wise to keep the coverage in the event of a device defect or damage. It covers all aspects of the device. You can learn more at the following link, http://bit.ly/1dEpih6

Richard
Social Care
Master

Hello JMESSER08,

Have you tried keeping the device on 3g? When you find yourself not having a sufficient signal then turn off the connection optimizer and set the settings to CDMA only. This will allow you to complete the call or use the device.

Thanks, Sharon Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Yep, didn't work

Journeyman

The problem I am having, and I believe we are all having, is with connecting to the internet, not with making calls.

Journeyman

Yep^^^

Master

Hello MDLA,

Do you have access to wi-fi? Wi-Fi is one of the most underused and useful features on a smartphone, tablet, and laptop.

Journeyman

Sharon from Sprint,

Thank you for reminding us about wi-fi.

We are able to connect when we have access to wi-fi. The problem we are having is when there is no access to wi-fi.

Any update on when this will be fixed?

Master

Hello MDLA,

I understand that this is frustrating! Have you thought of getting a traveling mobile wi-fi connection? We do not have an estimated time that the issue will be fixed.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is Sprint willing to give me one?  It isn't something I caused, I am not out of a service area.  How is Sprint going to handle the lack of service they are providing to their customers?

We are paying to be able to access internet data via your cellular network.  We are unable to do this at this time due to a software bug.  I was told and that it would be available in 6 days and that would have been around 1/26/15.  If Sprint can't fix it I will be looking for full credit on my bill until the problem is resolved or they provide a device that will give me back what I am paying for.

We shouldn't have to go buy/pay for additional service for something that we had before the software bug.  How about Sprint go push on Samsung a little to get the software completed.

What does Sprint have for a traveling mobile wifi?  Would this be the pocket wifi or the Zing mobile ?  I would like to know what Sharon suggests so when I call requesting it I will know for sure and be able to reference where I got this information.

Master

MDLA,

Sorry to hear that. However, we appreciate you informing us of this matter.

- Tiffany
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat