cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Data Connection on Samsung S5, Omaha Nebraska

Wizard

Re: No Data Connection on Samsung S5, Omaha Nebraska

This thread has turned comically awful. The Sprint care responses are gold! "WiFi is one of the most under utilized things on a phone or tablet?" are you kidding me??? Ha ha ha. I'm going to direct Marcelo to this ridiculous thread to see what his CS does for people.

Master

drops1234,

Please be advised that you can visit sprint.com/community to see when updates are coming for different devices. I understand that this is frustrating as you are unable to use your internet. As soon as Samsung push through the update you should be able to use your data.

- Carolyn
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

This is the best thread ever. It's soo damn funny the solutions you guys at sprint care are coming up with. You seriously want us to buy a hot spot from you guys and pay more money for nothing ?

Journeyman

If someone that's having this problem gets it resolved, please post here. I'm wondering if a update will be available to us all at the same time......if there's even a update.smdh

Master

spadepro22,

We understand your concern regarding the update for the Samsung Galaxy S5. We want to assure you that there has been an update released for the device. Customers should receive the update no later than 01/26/2015. We do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Jameel
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

You guys may want to communicate this to people very soon. I live in Manchester, NY and data service went out on my S5 mid-afternoon on the 19th. I spent over 6 hours on the phone, nearly reactivated a 2 year old Optimus G (my wife made fun of me because she went with the G3 because the Moment and Intercept were such trash, I'm the sucker) because I was pissed off, dealt fixes that didn't work, put 70 miles on my car. Finally I ended up at a real Sprint store that labeled my phone defective and replaced it after flashing it and the infamous Samsung camera failure reared its ugly head, the new phone worked for 18 hours... and now the new one is doing the same. exact. no data issue. You guys need to get this info out there, the bunk update is still being pushed, giving you false bad phones (maybe fixable, maybe not), costing yourselves money, and us. Get it together, communicate the issue and fix it soon. Thanks.

Journeyman

Thank you for your offer for a traveling mobile wi-fi. How can I send you my address privately so you can send me the mobile wi-fi?

Thank you

Master

MDLA

We apologize for the misinformation. The representative that responded to you was referring to purchasing the traveling mobile wi-fi. We don't offer it for free.

Dale
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Ha. The Saga continues. It's sad that i have data while roaming on someone else's network.

Master

APK1977,
I am sorry about that. Could you disable the LTE and test the device on 3G. Please let us know how it operates on 3G only.
- Yannick
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Nothing works.

Master

APK1977,
Since you have indicated not having this issue with the S4, I would suggest performing a factory reset on your device. Click here for instructions: http://sprint.co/1B9XBlE.
Make sure your device is fully backed up prior to performing the reset.
- Yannick
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat