cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Data Connection on Samsung S5, Omaha Nebraska

Journeyman

Re: No Data Connection on Samsung S5, Omaha Nebraska

I have not seen this level of poor customer support since going into stores that are about to go out of business.

If you are a Sprint customer care representative and your job is to monitor the community boards you would think you would read the whole thread before replying with suggestions like resetting your phone or buying a mobile wi-fi device for a software bug. 

It has been clearing stated on here multiple times by multiple people that resetting doesn't work.  It is a software bug with the S5 phones and we are waiting for this update.

I hope Sprint uses this thread as training on how not to handle a situation like this.  That their representatives need to read the whole problem instead of just answering with one of the canned responses.  Sprint needs to do better or the representatives need to do a better job of searching for the known problems in their database and passing the information along.  You are wasting a lot of peoples time trying to fix something that needs to be fixed by software.

I am sure we will have a few more great suggestions about resetting the phone or only using CDMA on the next shift change. 

Journeyman

No kidding. I got to remember to turn off the automatic updates after/if this fix comes for my current S5. Never thought a OTA list update could cost my line one week of data service.

Journeyman

Yeah i tried that 4 days ago. It didn't work.

Journeyman

WOW!! You would think with Sprint being a communication company that the communication throughout the company would be a whole lot better then this. It appears to me that they need to give their representatives more training on communication and reading.

This whole blog is about everyones experience with the data issue with S5 being unfixable until Sprint pushes the next software through to fix the issue,and every Sprint Rep who has replied to any message on this forum hasn't read any of the previous post,but feels the need to post a possible fix that had been covered in a previous post that was CLEARLY STATED it didn't work.

Instead of them posting on here a possible fix they REALLY need to provide us LOYAL SPRINT CUSTOMERS a timeframe of the software fix for this issu. Instead of posting something that was covered in earlier post.

The time that these Sprint Reps are taking to post possible fixes they could be communicating with all other reps to make them aware of this very significant issue and be working together to resolve this issue NOW,instead of feed us a line of crap to blow us of. I think i speak for every Sprint customer having this issue....WE WANT THIS FIX NOW SO WE CAN USE OUR PHONES FOR WHAT WE PAY SPRINT TO USE THEM FOR....?

Highlighted
Journeyman

This entire situation is out of control for me.  I lost Data on Friday 1-15-15..  I am located in the Tampa Fl area and 1st reported the issue on Saturday the 16th.  It is now 1/25/15 at 8pm and i still have no answer.  Been through every rest, software flash, update, and reset and nothing will work.  Even had a new phone send to me this past Thursday that actually worked for about 12 hours and then ended up having the same problem when i woke up the next morning.  I finally was told about the Samsung app "Itson" that seems to be the problem this past Friday... and that all i needed to do was cycle my phone off for 10 min then on again for 10 min and BAM... "the prob should go away".... lol.. yeah - No luck there either.  I have had my issue "Escalated to the 3rd level, supposed programmers"  and they have given me the "its outta our hands" BS...  I have been with sprint for a long time... have had issues before, but this is totally unacceptable to me.  I  have a business that I need to be checking and replying to emails ALL THE TIME.. This is costing me money and time and is completely ridiculous!!!

Ready to bail on sprint all together!!!

Master

Drutz

We apologize for the experience you have been through. We appreciate your loyalty and would hate for you to leave the family. We are here to help you enjoy the Sprint experience. Is this happening in multiple locations? Can we have the nearest cross streets and zip code so we can research the area? We want to get to the bottom of this.

- Miles
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I agree with you Drutz. I'm starting to wonder its worth all the hassle to stick with sprint. Nobody seems to talk to each other within the same company. How hard would it be to send out a memo to all the Customer reps telling them of this issue that a lot of people are having and give us a workable fix or at least acknowledge that they know of the issue. I have had the same exact issue as everyone else on this thread since the 17th. Nobody knows what to do or who to contact about it. I had a new phone sent to me also, mine worked for about 6 hours, then I went to bed and woke up to find no data. Its ridiculous. This update better work or I WILL be finding another carrier for all four of my lines. Sprint...Get your act together.

Journeyman

The reply by Miles is Exactly what I am talking about.   Miles... I am on the road ALL THE TIME,  traveled from St Pete Florida to Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Naples and Sarasota the past 3 days, resetting my phone, updating my profile and ##72786# the crap out of it.  So if you want to start "researching areas or cross streets" start with the ENTIRE EASTERN COASTLINE and work your way west. ALL I WANT IS A PHONE THAT I CAN ACCESS MY EMAILS WITH!  I am spending over $200 per month, for my family and yet I am the only one suffering here... was a great feeling sending my payment that was due when I have no 3g,4g or LTE.. If it is an issue with JUST THE S5's, I should have had a different phone sent to me already to use while this problem is fixed.  But to have a Manager on the Tech level say "I'm sorry I don't have any information or expected date to have this fixed", and expect me to okay with that is absurd!!  I mean the $25 credit was a nice gesture, but I does not cover the possible thousands i am loosing because I cant access any information of my phone.  Although my friend was nice enough to let me borrow her metropcs phone to use for Navigation and log in to check my emails every couple hours.....not to mention the 20 stops to find WiFi.. This is a major inconvenience to me and OBVIOUSLY many others.   Not to mention that I was told a manager would be calling me tonight and I still have not received a call.

Master

Drutz

We apologize it has taken this long to fix the problem. We also apologize for the inconvenience this has been. Our network team engineers are diligently working with the manufacturers to help solve this issue for your phone. We wish there was a specific date for this problem to be fixed but we do not have one as of yet. We are working on an update to fix this as soon as possible. We will keep you notified about future updates. You can send us a message by following http://bit.ly/1qQty1X so we can assist you. We are here to help. Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

- Miles
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I will give you a suggestion Sprint, how about you just roll everything back to what it was before that update on Friday that caused this problem.  I know that seems like a foreign thing to actually try and fix the problem. 

When I have had trouble with software that was just installed I just roll it back to what it was.

You know exactly when the problem started, and the software version it effects.  It shouldn't take that long for this problem to be fixed?  Any updated on the time for this to be release?

I thought after that last message the representatives would actually read it.  Then comes along the shift change and starts asking for cross streets to look at the network.  I am surprised we haven't got the have you turned it off and back on.

The problem is I can't get data when connected to the Sprint cellular data. Data is only available when connected via wi-fi.  Text and phone calls seem to be working fine.

Here is a updated list of the things that I have done just to save them some reading.

• ##72786# (unknown number of times)
  • Rest cellular data twice in a row ( repeated multiple time)
  • Master reset (Only needed to do this once to never want to do that again)
  • Change to CDMA only (Multiple time)j
  • Not a location issue, I have 2 other sprint devices and they work fine sitting right next to me.
  • Called Samsung they said they could would take a look at it if I sent it in.  I was going to get it back in a few weeks.

I am sure there have been others things that others have tried that haven't worked.  I was told there is some issues entered into sprint system somewhere that this is an known issue and that it is a software bug.  I would like a reference to that number so I don't have to explain this every time.  I want to be able to refer to a known issue number that is being tracked so every representative can see it.

If we can't get a date on the software can we get a issue number? 

Journeyman

My wife and I have two identical S5's with identical ItsOn software versions. Oddly enough, her's works 100% fine while mine has had the previously described data issue for a little over a week. Several of the posters here, including myself, were informed by Sprint reps that Samsung would push an update to fix this issue no later than 1/26/15. Well, that's today. Were I Sprint, I would expect a large number of disgruntled phone calls tonight and tomorrow if that update never materializes. Good luck Sprint.

Master

drops1234, We understand that this is an important issue not only for you but other Sprint customers, that are also experiencing this issue. There ItsOn has pushed out an update between 1/12/2015-1/26/2015, to help correct this issue. Once the update has gone through the device will need to be power cycled. Is this the same update that you received Friday? - Fernandez
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat