cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Data Connection on Samsung S5, Omaha Nebraska

Journeyman

Re: No Data Connection on Samsung S5, Omaha Nebraska

I Asked for a reference number from Sprints knowledge base or where ever this issue is being tracked.  Can you provide that?

I don't exactly know what update was pushed on my phone 10 days ago. That is your job Sprint.

Once this update is pushed how do we know? Are we just supposed to reboot our phones randomly?

Journeyman

On the plus side, I've been able to safely turn off mobile data for over a week and my battery life has become UNBELIEVABLE.

Journeyman

I am currently going on the notion that this update will not happen today.  I have already called sprint (My daily task) and have demanded either a new phone or at least a decent loaner until this issue is fixed.  Customer services answer was for me to use one of my upgrade Eligible lines and get a new phone... lol.  Well Gee..  Let me just go ahead and burn an upgrade to fix an issue that is not my fault.   SMDH!! Needless to say, my answer was "are you out of your minds?!"  So now they are supposedly calling around to stores in my area checking for loaners and will get back to me.  I guess i shouldn't hold my breath considering that the Tech Manager still has not called me back from last night.  

- I'm Hitting a AT&T, t-mobile  and Verizon store top shop around...  I am prob gonna pay out the ass, but at least i know I will be able to check my emails while away from a wifi area. 

Master

drops1234, Once you receive the update it will prompt you to reboot after ten minutes. To verify if you have the update go to Settings> Application Manager> All. If you do have the software, it will show NetworkSystemProvider Version 4.1.21. If you do not have it, the display will show ItsOn Service Version 4.1.18. Sprint does not push out any software updates. The information would be in the known issue of the Samsung S5. There's not a general ticket number to hand out. - Fernandez
Sprint Social Care
Wizard

Wait a second, why is "ItsOn" even installed on our phones?  Wikipedia makes it sound like the new version of CarrierIQ or it's a MVNO.  Eitherway, I don't see the need for it on our phones.

Sprint's got issues.  I've tweeted out to Marcelo Claure the CEO to follow this thread and see how his CS handle situations like that that should be a very simple fix or at least a unified response to an issue.  We've gone from "Sprint's sending out an update on 1/26/15 to fix this" to "buy a mobile hotspot from us to fix this issue" to "it's a network issue" (despite all other devices working) and now "it's an issue with ItsOn and Sprint doesn't provide updates for 3rd party software" (that they've installed on my phone without my permission and now they don't want to support it?).

Dear CS, please get your stuff together and discuss a resolution before posting willy nilly.  Also, maybe, and I don't know, just spit balling here, why don't you escalate this issue with the technical staff at Sprint???  Maybe even talk to a programmer about what's going on?  I know you guys can get access to them.  I sure do miss Will England when he was working these threads.

Journeyman

I totally agree especially since I have checked with Samsung and Samsung Experience rep at Best Buy who have both said that its a Sprint update for this issue. I have tried everything that the Tech Support team at Sprint have said to try, but this update is nowhere to be found.

Journeyman

I got dis from Da Facebooookkkk:

Thanks for reaching out. I aplogize for the inconvenience that this has caused. Currently there is no reference number associated with this issue, but it was classified as a "Known issue". The instructions are as follows:

Issue Title: Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900-Calls, texts and data intermittently blocked

Posted date: 1/7/15

Issue Type: Known Issue ItsOn will provide an OTA (over the air) push for all NK4 users from 1/12/15 through 1/26/15. Once device receives the updated ItsOn client, a power cycle will be required. Users can accept or cancel the request to power cycle up to 3 times, with a 10 minute timer in between each prompt. Note exception: 10 minute timer is not in effect when either the phone is in use or while in emergency state after a 911 call.

To confirm users have the updateed client, use the following stepsSmiley Frustratedettings>Application manager>All.

If the device has the following, the device HAS received the updated ItsOn client:
Application:NetworkSystemProvider
Version: 4.1.21

If the device has the following, the device HAS NOT received the updated ItsOn client:
Application:ItsOn Service
Version 4.1.18

If the user has not received the push, please let the customer know a power cycle will restore the device functions.

Last Updated: 1/21/15 

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding the information that I've provided. - Mabel

Journeyman

You know how many times I have power cycled my phone?  A ton, it does not cause an update to be pushed to my phone. 

Journeyman

I will be waiting for this itson update.  I power cycled my phone on the drive to work this morning and my data function never did return.

So that last statement in the known issue needs to be update.  A power cycle doesn't restore the data connection if you are still running 4.1.18 of the itson app.

Journeyman

Amen... this is what I got from Facebook. The most info I've seen and it came from Facebook of all places LOL

Wizard

jerrydawg wrote:

Thanks for reaching out. I aplogize for the inconvenience that this has caused. Currently there is no reference number associated with this issue, but it was classified as a "Known issue". The instructions are as follows:

Issue Title: Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900-Calls, texts and data intermittently blocked

Posted date: 1/7/15

Issue Type: Known Issue ItsOn will provide an OTA (over the air) push for all NK4 users from 1/12/15 through 1/26/15. Once device receives the updated ItsOn client, a power cycle will be required. Users can accept or cancel the request to power cycle up to 3 times, with a 10 minute timer in between each prompt. Note exception: 10 minute timer is not in effect when either the phone is in use or while in emergency state after a 911 call.

To confirm users have the updateed client, use the following stepsSmiley Frustratedettings>Application manager>All.

If the device has the following, the device HAS received the updated ItsOn client:
Application:NetworkSystemProvider
Version: 4.1.21

If the device has the following, the device HAS NOT received the updated ItsOn client:
Application:ItsOn Service
Version 4.1.18

If the user has not received the push, please let the customer know a power cycle will restore the device functions.

Last Updated: 1/21/15 

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding the information that I've provided. - Mabel

Why wasn't this posted like 8 pages ago?   This should be tacked to the top as the "answer" for this.  It's what we've all be curious about and thank you for finally posting this information.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I guess the Facebook reps can do more than say what can I do for dropped calls/what's your zip LOL

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat